App on smart phone to announce yard sales

Rocket.Man

Joined Jan 1, 2012
I have an idea that I have already applied for a patent but I don't know enough about cell phone technology to make this work. My idea is a cell phone, yard sale ap. People download the free ap to their phone all over the USA. People that have a yard sale can click the ap to notify everyone in their area about the yard sale. All the phones in 10 miles receive the signal to tell yard sale folks about this yard sale. No need for yard sale signs on every street corner. The person that has the yard sale pays 50 cents to use the service. With all the millions of yard sales each weekend if 10K people use the ap that = $5k every week. How do you make a phone ap for yard sales? This can also be used for estate sales and auctions.

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
You hire someone that already knows how to design apps for android/iphone platforms.

oh and your idea isn't new/novel as there are already yard sale apps out there.. Hope you didn't spend much on that patent as its unlikely to be accepted.
yard sale treasure map
garage sales tracker
garage sale rover
yard sale mapper
etc...
etc...

I love crushing dreams. :)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
There are similar apps out there such as Weather Alerts tailored for a specific area or Amber Alerts. However, applications like this work through the cellular providers who know where you are. My phone using GPS knows exactly where it is and my provider knows about where it is.

Ron

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
There are similar apps out there such as Weather Alerts tailored for a specific area or Amber Alerts. However, applications like this work through the cellular providers who know where you are. My phone using GPS knows exactly where it is and my provider knows about where it is.

Ron
Location tracking is simple now and part of most apps..
My banking app does it.. my redbox app,etc... Tinder
And Google always knows where you are...
It can be done via GPS or Wireless Networks if you have GPS turned off.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is why I turn my cell phone off whenever I get in my car.
It's a stupid phone, but there is still the cell tower information.