Any suggestions for a 3-Channel Switch

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
Here's the deal. I want to use a switch or make a switching circuit which switches 3 different wires at once. The switch that I'm thinking of is a slide switch as this:

However, this switch only switches 1 wire. I happen to have a similar slide switch which switches 2 wires but I can't find any 3 wire switch. Solutions related to the usage of ICs as analog switches are also welcomed!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The switch you show is a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch. Switches are listed in terms of how many circuits (or poles) may be switched (throws).

For three wires, on and off, you need three poles single throw, or 3PST. I searched DigiKey for these. I did not find any 3PST switch, but a 3PDT switch will also work, you just don't use one of the poles.

DigiKey Parts.

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
The switch you show is a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch. Switches are listed in terms of how many circuits (or poles) may be switched (throws).

For three wires, on and off, you need three poles single throw, or 3PST. I searched DigiKey for these. I did not find any 3PST switch, but a 3PDT switch will also work, you just don't use one of the poles.

DigiKey Parts.
this is good but I want to use something consisting of easily available parts. In the process, I'd like to refrain from buying online. Any other solution consisting of basic components?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
DigiKey *is* a readily available source of parts where you can get a switch as you asked for.

I would have no further comments as I have no idea what parts you may have on hand to switch these undefined signals.

Good luck.

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
DigiKey *is* a readily available source of parts where you can get a switch as you asked for.

I would have no further comments as I have no idea what parts you may have on hand to switch these undefined signals.

Good luck.
ok I know how hard it might be for you to suggest any alternative when you don't know the use.Therefore I appreciate your quick help and will try to put more effort with my tinkering. Maybe I'll find something suitable!