And now for something weird...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
And then you put it back in your pocket with the other change? Me thinks it is not going to be the only thing that is going to be irradiated.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Well, its half-life was only 22 seconds but almost every kid who ever went there came home with one. I should have a couple of them around here somewhere. Over the time they did it, there had to be many tens of thousands of them going home.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
You have sharp eyes. I calculated it based on what the Sunnyvale Public Library charged me back in the 1960's, and you are right - at 2¢ a day.
I thought I was missing something but quite a bargain compared to Sunnyvale—at least without calculating the present value fo the dollar at the time.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Could anyone hold it in during surgery? ....

"She wanted to know whether she was contaminating the operating theatre she worked in by quietly farting in the sterile environment during operations, and I realised that I didn't know," Dr Karl Kruszelnicki told listeners to his science phone-in radio show in Brisbane. "But I was determined to find out.”

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Weird is a very small word to apply to this sort of stuff:

"This woman had one of those, like, hairless cats swaddled up in a blanket so it looked like a baby…her shirt was up and she was trying to get the cat to latch and she wouldn't put the cat back in the carrier."

The flight attendant added that "the cat was screaming for its life."

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.mystateline.com/news/we...ter-man-gets-wwii-mortar-stuck-in-his-rectum/
GLOUCESTER, England. (WTVO) — A bomb disposal team was called to an English hospital Wednesday morning after a man arrived with an unexploded WWII mortar stuck in his rectum.

According to The Sun, the patient was a military enthusiast and had the round as part of a private collection.

“He said he put it on the floor then he slipped and fell on it,” a source at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital told the newspaper.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
And that was just too funny. Another take on a stick up your *ss. Doctor's advice, Don't cough.

I know I could resist, I just choose not to.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've heard plenty of stories from a nurse friend about strange objects somehow finding way into a male's rectum and unable to find their way back out. Jars of French's mustard seems to be a common one, but this takes it to a whole new level or absurdity!