And now for something weird...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That's really disturbing. How can that possibly be the best thing to do with the car, even for BMW?

There are plenty people in the world that would give their left nut to have one of those cars.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
That's really disturbing. How can that possibly be the best thing to do with the car, even for BMW?

There are plenty people in the world that would give their left nut to have one of those cars.
A government plan to "insure Germany is not polluting the rest of the world with cars that do not pass emission tests are destroyed. The public consensus is that BMW, Mercedes, VW want to reduce the number of used cars to raise the price closer to new cars - make it more likely a buyer will by new rather than used.

It is also a type of government work program because these jobs are highly subsidized. Win for employment (politicians), win for auto companies (sell more new cars), win for all those people that think something good (green) for the environment is happening.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I remember cash for clunkers ... another program with fraudulent activities. People bought a car from the junk yard and turned it into CASH.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The intent was to get your old car off the road and get you into a more environmental friendly vehicle. A tune of 3 billion.
So, you're saying those people never broke a law but they're somehow bad people? Is that correct or am I misunderstanding something.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I don't know .... but listening to the banter the past few weeks ... they must be criminal.

But hey, they worked within the "rules of the game".