And now for something weird...

This article refers to Harold Urey, as the scientist who discovered deuterium. That may be true but as a student at UCSD we knew him for his experiments of simulating the earth’s ancient atmosphere, sparking it and producing primitive amino acids. Oh, and the annual watermelon drop off the top of Urey Hall. And also the undergrad hobby of exploring the utility tunnels under the campus including the central core of Urey Hall that included a large utility space that was configured for experimental areas. That was in 1970, thanks for the memories.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
HO-LEE CHIT! Yeah, I'd shoot that f**ker too.

Since the guy had it captive in his hands I would have pinned it to the ground and then crushed its ribcage with my knees. That cat would have been DONE!

Geez! Got me all worked up now.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I can't help but feel a little sorry for the mad creature... it had rabies after all, and it's behavior was atypical.

But yes, without question it had to be put down on the spot.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
My Father-in-law ended up in the emergency room after trying to put their feral cat into the pet carrier to take to the vet. It was a gruesome incident as the cat really did a number on his arms and face. Needless to say, the cat didn't go to the vet that day, so it was the apparent winner of the conflict.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009