And now for something weird...

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
True story:

Long ago, long before my MIL passed away, my wife's first cat and my MIL's best friend as well as the best friends daughter (wife and I were there too) this is what happened: The cat became curious about the MIL's best friend. Particularly her crotch. She kept pushing the cat away but the cat kept coming back. Finally the BF said "What is it wit this cat and why is she smelling my crotch?" The daughter of the BF said "Oh, cats LOVE smelly things." The BF was shocked at the notion that her crotch stunk. Personally I couldn't tell you if it did or not. I wasn't curious. But at that statement she blurted out "WHAT DO YOU MEAN? MY CROTCH STINKS?" It was clear the daughter had opened her mouth without thinking it through. "No" she said, "Cats are attracted to strong odors." That wasn't any better than the first statement.

We were laughing (wife and I) while the daughter kept asking us to get her out of trouble. This went on for a good two minutes. If you think that's not a long time - imagine being the one who just suggested you are the one who told your mother her Vag' stinks.

Finally I said "Cats investigate the world through smells. It's obvious the cat is smelling something it never smelled before." And that was pretty much the end of that event. That happened about 30 years ago. I still remember it and can see that day in my mind's eye.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Don't Pimp My Ride

https://www.khaama.com/saleh-omits-number-39-permanently-from-traffic-department-44554454/
Amrullah Saleh, the first vice president said in his ‘6:30 am meetings’ that the number ‘39’ would be removed permanently from the Traffic Department.

Saleh called on Kabul Traffic department to eliminate this number permanently and stop issuing license plates that includes number 39 across the country.

Since number ‘39’ has been considered unethical by the public, this has become a source of money for the corrupt and disruptive officials, Saleh said.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_39
The number 39 has somehow become lodged in the Afghan popular imagination as a sign of pimping and prostitution, but it has widely been claimed to have been associated with a pimp, allegedly living in the western city of Herat, who was nicknamed "39" after the registration plate of his expensive car and the number of his apartment.[2] The number is said to translate into morda-gow, literally meaning "dead cow" but a well-known slang term for a pimp. Others have blamed corrupt police officials for spreading the rumour in order to charge between $200–$500 to change a "39" plate.[3]

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Reminds me of a guy I knew in college who went to the pokey one night for DUI. His wife went to get him out and he told her to come back in about an hour as they were bringing him dinner from the TGI Fridays next door and he wanted to eat it first before she bailed him out. No, they didn't stay married...

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This jails are nice but don't go to the hospital.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic/hospital-patient-crawls-out-mental-illness-1.5871307

Video captures patient crawling out of hospital after staff dismiss pleas for help
Yes. I work in one and that is my recommendation. If I ever feel gravely ill, i do what animals do and walk off into the forest...

The funny thing is, they add layers of beaurocracy on top of already existing beaurocracy to address issues like this. And make staff take online "cultural sensitivity" courses