analog and digital circuits

tushar27

Joined Aug 20, 2013
I am doing research on power output from Thermoelectric Generator mounted on PCB. So i want to design that kind of circuit which gets too much hot(at its max. point). I need to use analog and digital both kind of components. Therefor I need suggestions which kind of components I can use for this purpose. If I can use an opamp and 555 timer IC then also let me know how can i use it???

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do you want any circuit that will generate heat?
Or do you need some sort of circuit that is powered by the TEG?

tushar27

Joined Aug 20, 2013
Do you want any circuit that will generate heat?
Or do you need some sort of circuit that is powered by the TEG?
actually i need to design the circuit and i will mount suitable size TEG(Available in market) on that circuit. I choose some components like 2 to 3 resistors and one 555 timer IC. I am sure about resistor that it will become hot. But I am confused about 555 timer IC. Which IC should I use and what parameters I need to consider?? I just want to design a simple circuit for first experimental use. My future plan is to mount TEG's on Microprocessors.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
By TEG, do you mean Peltier or TEC thermoelectric cooler?

I don't really understand what you're doing, but you could just use another peltier as your "heater". It will mate nicely with another TEC with just a dab of thermal paste between them.