Amperis Relay testing, testing and verification device

Max_Santa

Joined Aug 1, 2022
Good morning,
I recently decided to buy an Amperis AK-30 three-phase relay test equipment device and although I don't control it well yet, it seems good, since it is able to analyze all types of relays (current, voltage, frequency, power, impedance, harmonics, distance, ...)
The truth is that it seems to have a fairly intuitive interface and software, but I was never very fond of new technologies.
Someone else who has bought this product or another similar to help me?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I hope that the company that sold you the tester provided a user manual, as that seems like a fairly complex testing capability.The test systems companies that I have worked for always included instruction and service manuals with what they sold. This was not only to help the users but also to show our customers that our products were worth repairing.

JanErA

Joined Jul 22, 2022
Good morning,
I recently decided to buy an Amperis AK-30 three-phase relay test equipment device and although I don't control it well yet, it seems good, since it is able to analyze all types of relays (current, voltage, frequency, power, impedance, harmonics, distance, ...)
The truth is that it seems to have a fairly intuitive interface and software, but I was never very fond of new technologies.
Someone else who has bought this product or another similar to help me?
Alo Max!
I have a relay testing and verification device of the Amperis brand but the AK-68i model, although I understand that they will work in a similar way .
This process is done in several steps. In the first, the Amperis AK-30 relay testing device injects the fault in the form of I and V in the CT and PT points of the relay under test. The timer of the device Amperis relay testing and verification starts from the moment the fault originates.
In the second step, the relay detects said error and issues the trip command, timing will depend on the time settings set.
Regarding the third step, the Amperis Ak-30 relay testing and verification receives the Relay trigger command and stops the timer.
Finally, you should compare the average trigger time with the miss activation characteristics against the expected settings. Everything will be fine if the results are within the tolerance range, otherwise something is wrong.
I hope I've help you.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Now I am really wondering justy what sort of tester this is, and also what sort of relays are being tested. Probably many folks are not familiar with AMPERIS testers.

Max_Santa

Joined Aug 1, 2022
Alo Max!
I have a relay testing and verification device of the Amperis brand but the AK-68i model, although I understand that they will work in a similar way .
This process is done in several steps. In the first, the Amperis AK-30 relay testing device injects the fault in the form of I and V in the CT and PT points of the relay under test. The timer of the device Amperis relay testing and verification starts from the moment the fault originates.
In the second step, the relay detects said error and issues the trip command, timing will depend on the time settings set.
Regarding the third step, the Amperis Ak-30 relay testing and verification receives the Relay trigger command and stops the timer.
Finally, you should compare the average trigger time with the miss activation characteristics against the expected settings. Everything will be fine if the results are within the tolerance range, otherwise something is wrong.
I hope I've help you.
thanks franÇois, but my problem is not so much how the Amperis relay testing device works, but understanding its software. Do you know something about this?

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It seems to me that probably in thisdiscussion, the term "relay" is used to describe something different from the electromagnetid contacting device that i am familiar with. I find that using commo words to have quite different meanings leads to confusion. At least it confuses me.
So does anybody have an idea as to what the term "relay" means in this context??

rsmith824

Joined Jul 29, 2022
MisterBill2, I think the mentioned device Amperis AK-30 relay testing and verification its referred to electromechanic relays. That ones switch that takes a small voltage or current to switch to large voltages or currents. Generally for normal circuit, the small voltage is around 5V/6V/12V, 200mA, and that of big one is around 110V/220V, 16A. It is an electronic component that works like a sensor: it turns the circuit on or off, whenever the power supply is turned on or off, whatever the case may be. To name a few, it is widely used in UPS systems in computers, inverters, car circuits, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. It is responsible for the use of automatic power supply in case of power failure.
Amperis relay testing and device I think it is a software for test protection relays, energy meters and complex transducers
etc. This is usually applied in public energy services. Amperis' approach is to equip its clients with an all-in-one software with advanced features inside. If I'm not mistaken they have one automatic "test center" facility to test even typical multifunctional relays, which are quite famous, especially in Europe although I think they distribute their devices all over the world.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, I am corrected. I have used many relays and contactors, both small and large, although very few over 100 amps and none over 480 volts, 3-phase. And always the ones chosen for their specifications functioned as required and so I never had any reason to do analytical tests on them. so I have learned a fair amount today, Thank You.

JanErA

Joined Jul 22, 2022
thanks franÇois, but my problem is not so much how the Amperis relay testing device works, but understanding its software. Do you know something about this?

View attachment 272761
Francois???? hahahah
It´s extremely simple to use. you can configure all the parameters of your Amperis AK-30 relay testing from the interface.
So you have several categories. Basic include AC test, ramping, state sequencer, harmonic, frequency test and transPlay modules ; advanced include distance, overcurrent, configuration zero sequence, reclose, differential, harmonic restrain, synchronize... and then you have IEC, additional and test center but for common use it´s enough with the firs two categories.