Alright what reason did a Mod close my Guns & Ammo thread

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Maybe a thread starter should have control on who gets to participate?
I would have had it gone any further, but it seemed to quiet. Unless they deleted someone elses comment without my knowing, I went out to work on my Motorcycle only to come in and find it closed, with no comments from Ron, I can’t swear on this site but, I would have had some strong language about it.

kv

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Exactly, I explicitly tagged Ron on the subject, I didn’t need someone coming in to say ”I don’t kill” that is the first comment to get the ball rolling now all you need is someone to counter it. Those people should have been warned with a ban, to shut up if your not talking about the Thread Start topic, not lock it, that to me is that a Mod was looking for someone to mis-behave because they didn’t like the Topic to begin with.

kv
Yeah it is unfortunate that some threads get 'locked' due to one offending member. It is more the members fault not the topic matter. Some topics are very interesting and go very well except for that one offending member. So now you know if you want a thread locked all you have to do is start a good controversial argument in it (hee hee)
:)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I would have had it gone any further, but it seemed to quiet. Unless they deleted someone elses comment without my knowing, I went out to work on my Motorcycle only to come in and find it closed, with no comments from Ron, I can’t swear on this site but, I would have had some strong language about it.

kv
I know this isnt perfect, but you could PM Ron also.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I know this isnt perfect, but you could PM Ron also.
He did respond to me in a PM, and got the answers I wanted from him, the plus side is a few others had their take on it as well, so I’m satisfied with that, it’s just burning me up they won’t delete the stupid thread.

Mod: That Thread has now been Deleted as requested.E

Last edited by a moderator:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I am absolutely neutral about guns. Have owned some previously, sold them later, might purchase one in the near future.

But I believe that, if we would like to discuss guns, there are many good forums to do that. An electronics forum is not the best place to do so. Just like political discourse.
That’s the problem, those sites have the very people who start this garbage, so far right their opinion isn’t worth a hill of beans to me. However, many folks on this site have my respect for their knowledge at least I can get an educated opinion rather than some Hillbilly thick brained backwoods no brained individual. It’s not worth my time to spend on site like that, I have enough trouble with my friends and family than to put up with it even for a moment.

kv

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
@killivolt
It was me killivolt and I'll leave it at that.
I guess it is just the way I was raised, I tend to speak my mind when I should take Dr. Phil's advice and:
Never pass up a good chance to shut up.
Edit: Don't blame shortbus he had nothing to do with it.
Brzrkr

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
@killivolt
It was me killivolt and I'll leave it at that.
I guess it is just way I was raised, I tend to speak my mind when I should take Dr. Phil's advice and:
Never pass a good chance to shut up.
Edit: Don't blame shortbus he had nothing to do with it.
Brzrkr
I knew but, it’s not fair to others when we keep hearing the same Mantra day after day, my good friend last night who has the same thoughts is not ignorant or a hillbilly he’s a very good AreoSpace Machinist. But, a gun lover, hunter, sharpshooter. His stockpile is very extensive, he has his hoarder stock pile of Ammo and words of right winging it left a and right on the subject what I mean is he will site their opinion as well and present his argument while I have to listen to it every time we get together. But, he’s one of my oldest friends and it’s no all him he has better qualities that I admire.

At the end of the day I just wish my forum brothers would respect each other with things like this, sort of the saying: “Let’s not and say we did” Keith could have ignored the Thread but chose to fire the preverbal gun I knew then I should have shut it down and didn’t because I am known to be incredibly blunt or rude to get my point across and will do it without wearing my heart on my sleeve. I was a sick man back then and had little patience for some people who wanted to get under my collar. So, at the end of the day lets not and say we did and keep our mouths shut and ignore comments we don’t agree with “Agree mentally to dis-Agree” and move on.

kv

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Again, killivolt I apologize for getting your thread closed. I too am a person that let's just say enjoys the sport.
I never meant for that to happen. I will watch better from now on how and what I post on the forum.
Edit: Guess I should have said that a hammer can be used to build or tear down, it just depends on who's hands it's in.
Might have went across better.
Brzrkr

Last edited: