All About Wendy

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I voted today I wish the sticker would show up better in the picture basically it says I've voted in Dallas County. The color of my clothes off very strong clue as to how I voted. If you don't get it it is an American thing.

20221103_160856.jpg

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I voted today I wish the sticker would show up better in the picture basically it says I've voted in Dallas County. The color of my clothes off very strong clue as to how I voted. If you don't get it it is an American thing.

Actually the Red / Blue thing only goes back about 22 years to the year 2000. I guess if I wanted to express my vote using the color of my clothes I would wear Red, White and Blue. White being for I voted for neither candidate when I dislike either. :)

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I'm guessing you didn't quite say what you meant to say, as this says that even your ideal candidate won't get your vote if you happen to dislike their opponent.
OK, I see your point here. This was easier a short 22 years ago. :) OK, red and blue are rather obvious where I vote for the candidate I feel is going to best represent me and my community views. When I have two candidates to choose from and one is red and the other blue I leave it blank. Sort of neither I feel would represent me or my ideals. Seriously at this point I just want election day and Medicare open enrolment to be over and done. Endless TV commercials are wearing out my mute button. :)

Another pain is judges and trying to know their record. We have so many judges running this election. Then we toss in assorted propositions. :) I like to have my homework done before I even get handed my ballot.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
OK, I see your point here. This was easier a short 22 years ago. :) OK, red and blue are rather obvious where I vote for the candidate I feel is going to best represent me and my community views. When I have two candidates to choose from and one is red and the other blue I leave it blank. Sort of neither I feel would represent me or my ideals. Seriously at this point I just want election day and Medicare open enrolment to be over and done. Endless TV commercials are wearing out my mute button. :)

Another pain is judges and trying to know their record. We have so many judges running this election. Then we toss in assorted propositions. :) I like to have my homework done before I even get handed my ballot.

Ron
I can definitely sympathize. Regarding judges, I always vote to not retain them. Even more than incumbent politicians, judges have a huge advantage in their bid to be retained. So I figure there is zero likelihood of my helping to oust a judge that is even barely middling in their performance. But if a judge really does deserve being ousted, I want to help that process as much as possible. On propositions and other ballot measures, my default vote is to reject it -- they have to really prove to me that we need it and that the unintended consequences have been given reasonable thought. Unlike most people, I read every word of every measure, even the ones that I already know I'm going to vote against, and the vast majority have something that has been parked in there that is a deal breaker for me. On numerous occasions I've switched an in-favor vote to a reject because of that fine print.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
On propositions, I watch the commercials carefully and note who sponsored the ad. The I research the sponsors to determine if their views coincide with mine.

Congratulations Wendy!

Addendum: the “facts” presented in the ad cannot be trusted.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
With all positions I think that what we need to add to the ballots is one more choice: "None of the above." This is already available in some parts of the world. It is functionally a vote of "No Confidence", which I am not totally clear on what that means.
My version would count it as a vote against all of the candidates. The challenge being that this usually includes a current holder of the position that we believe is not adequate to the position. So who would hold the office if none were elected?? That answer is the challenge to the adoption of the concept. Leaving an office vacant may be a serious problem.

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
sorry
other side of the water,
what do the colours mean ?

Hay,
I had better know as Im popping over to NY for "thanksgiving"
yes I had to google that also !

Wendy
take great care of yourself

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
sorry
other side of the water,

Hay,

Wendy
We don't have "colours" in the US, we have colors. Red is "conservative" snd Blue is "liberal". I put conservative in quotes because their constituency was changes recently - the common man/hourly wage earner (Union?) supporting the same party as the corporate types and CEOs while many Rich people are openly liberal and trying to save the world. Everything is confusing vs just about 20-years ago.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
sorry
other side of the water,

Hay,

Wendy
Oh other side of the pond? :) The red and blue thing started about 22 years ago. The general consensus being Democrats take the blue states while Republicans the red states. While some states are pretty hard colored red or blue there are many states which are "swing" states where the vote can go either way. I know people who are die hard Democrat or Republican so regardless of candidate they vote their party and matters not who the candidate is.

So when Wendy points out the color of her outfit what she is saying is he supported the Democratic (or Liberal) party. The matter of real importance is to get out and vote or mail in your ballot but vote.

Enjoy your NY Thanksgiving. All my early life Thanksgivings were NY since I was NYC born and raised.

Wendy, take care of yourself and glad you got out and voted. :)

Ron

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I can recall a time when being "conservative" meant that you believed that people were responsible for the results of their actions, while being "liberal" meant that you believed that no matter what one did, it was others who were responsible for the results of those actions.
Things are certainly different today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
#12 Off-Topic 0
B Off-Topic 17
WBahn Off-Topic 16