All About Wendy

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Things do change, Wendy, and fortunately we do have doctors who know what to do, and medicines to enable them to do them. I am familiar with things being delayed, my situation also.
So prayers and best wishes for you and your health.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I wish that you get well soon, Wendy.

I was also in the hospital a few days ago. For 7 months (maybe a coincidence, it was since my 3rd dose of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine) I have had missing and extra heart beats (arrhythmia), very low blood pressure after short duration exercise and tiredness. I have had many tests (including a portable ECG recorder for 2 days) and a few days ago at the hospital the cardiologist put a catheter in my wrist and up into my heart, injected a radioactive dye and looked around for any blockage in the heart arteries to prevent a heart attack. I went home the same day. Whatever was done, maybe a stent and/or a defib shock) fixed my problems,
I am young again at almost 77. I will find out what was done tomorrow.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I just spent most of Thursday, Friday, in half of Saturday at the hospital. An infection on my bad leg was getting the upper hand. the pain was getting fairly intense. so i packed up and went to the hospital ER. They love me! I stayed on my back for several days while they gave me IV antibiotics which I badly needed.

I have a rather buzy schedule of Dr apts this month which are very disruptive to any projects I may have in the works.
Sorry to hear about the pain, I hope the hospital wasn’t a bad experience. I haven’t spent very long in hospitals, the longest was a few days with a kidney stone, but I don’t like it very much—except for the morpine.

In Hebrew we say ריפוי שלימה (refuah shalayma) which roughly translates to complete healing. The word shlayma is from the same root as shalom which is usually translated to peace. The concept of completeness is tied strongly to peace and the sentiment of refuah shalayma is that your healing should make you whole again and bring you peace.

So, that‘s my wish for you. ריפוי שלימה, Wendy, and a speedy one at that.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Wendy,

I want you to know that I’m thinking of you often. So sorry you had to go to the hospital; so glad you did.

I’ve often wanted to respond, but when it’s personal and not technical, I find words fail me. So I like someone else’s post. I just spent 9 days in one myself.

Hang in there! You are an incredible person and do very helpful to many.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Ok everyone - that's enough illnesses and diseases. Just stay healthy and out of the hospital - the more healthcare expenses y'all generate, the more my health insurance rates go up. Do it for me.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I will look likely be going to the ER Thursday, same problem my infection on my leg. I will be going to a different health care system. Wish me luck. I have been very distracted lately due to the pain.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I will look likely be going to the ER Thursday, same problem my infection on my leg. I will be going to a different health care system. Wish me luck. I have been very distracted lately due to the pain.
We will all be rooting for you.
As the Irish would say, "break a leg".

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I have not been home since June 30. My OCD is going a bit nuts dealing with being away from my house this long, not to mention not being able to do my finances. Which is the only thing I really let my OCD go nuts on (all for a good cause don'tcha you know) with luck I can go home in five days and start living my life again. For reasons I don't quite understand my brain fog is extra thick lately.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I hope that getting home five days from now is enough to help you beat your brian fog. I admire your tenacity, I don't know if I would have done nearly as well if I were in your shoes (besides, I can't walk in high heels).

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Neither can I even when I did have two feet they were both left. I have a blue belt in Tay Son Nhan so I guess I'm not totally a lost cause on the agility front.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am home after being in the hospital and then a nursing home since June 30. And of course the first thing I did when I got home was to get some groceries delivered and get sick since I was not used to all this exercise that I used to do before I left . It may take a little while for me to not stop feeling out of sorts. I do tend to push myself a bit.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
We will all be rooting for you.
As the Irish would say, "break a leg".
Hi,

The Irish are the luckiest of all. They get to get stone cold drunk at an old Irish pub and get praise for it (ha ha).
Heck, in some states if a cop pulls a guy over for drunk driving and finds out he's Irish, he lets 'em go with a mild warning. The warning is, "If you are going to drink and drive, make sure you have enough whiskey for everybody". (ha ha ha)
:)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I am home after being in the hospital and then a nursing home since June 30. And of course the first thing I did when I got home was to get some groceries delivered and get sick since I was not used to all this exercise that I used to do before I left . It may take a little while for me to not stop feeling out of sorts. I do tend to push myself a bit.
Hi Wendy,

Hey it's great to hear you are home, that's a good sign.
Physical therapy is a good idea but you cant overdo it either or you may go the other way. Moderation is the key.

I recently went for cataract surgery and i guess that's not as hard to go though but wow the eye drop routine is driving me nuts every four hours and i absolutely HATE having anything put into my eye. One of the nurses saw me jump when she gave me an eye drop just before one of the surgeries and noted i was one of those that are very sensitive to things touching the eye ball. It's nuts. Strange thing is, the surgery itself is absolutely painless and comfortable. I wish i could tell more people that because a lot of people who have cataracts are very afraid to go for the surgery because it involves sharp things being stuck into your eye ball. Sounds much much worse than it is though. The eye drop routine afterward though is another story.

Thoughts and prayers for you as usual :)

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It may take a little while for me to not stop feeling out of sorts. I do tend to push myself a bit.
Take it one day at a time Wendy as I'm sure you know by now. Baby Steps! It's a long hard road but it does get better... Glad to hear you are home and hopefully the infection is long gone.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Good luck as you get back into the swing of things. The hospital stay is but the beginning. Post-hospital recovery is almost as bad as the stay. You lose so much when staying in bed for a long time. I recently collapsed with a balance issue and a10 day hospital stay. That was the week of Easter and my strength still hasn’t returned. So continue to be patient.

Thinking of you.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I am finally home, because of the enforced idleness I was sick as a dog when I got home it started doing things for myself for a change (which I really prefer). Throwing up is worth being home again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
#12 Off-Topic 0
B Off-Topic 17
WBahn Off-Topic 16