All About Wendy

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A good friend of mine assembled an Ender 3 3D printer for me, my electronics projects have come to a temporary halt while I learn the in's and outs of this printer. I will probably never buy a project box again. The number of .STL files I will post on the completed projects index will definitely skyrocket as a result.
Wish you the best. :) I have thought about it on and off. The cost has become so reasonable but do I really want to learn something like 3 D printing? On the bright side you now have a new and interesting challenge.

Ron

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
i am sure it will be fun and useful... better than going to library or bugging friends or waiting for printed part to arrive from some shop

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Oh the horror! I lost track of what I was doing, and ran out of printer filament in my machine. Amazon prime has not been very good lately. Guess I will put it to the test yet again. I really need to come up with some different software for drawing 3D shapes. SketchUp 2016 is a good program, but it is designed for architecture not for 3D printing. An awful lot of what I was trying to print has wound up in the plastic recycle bin due to flaws in my drawing program.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
SketchUp 2016 is a good program, but it is designed for architecture not for 3D printing.
The sentence made me think.is there such a thing as Architectural 3D printing? And look on the bright side
At least you didn't have to print out the plastic recycling bin. :D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't tempt me, I won't say I waste the plastic. But I am always looking for new things to print. Project boxes are coming very soon.

I would mention legos what I don't want to be sued.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I am sure the lego patent has long expired, though the trademark is surely still in effect. All you need to do is call them something else.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The sentence made me think.is there such a thing as Architectural 3D printing? And look on the bright side
At least you didn't have to print out the plastic recycling bin. :D
Certainly there is architectural printing. I have read articles about it and seen the pictures of whole houses printed, one using some sort of concrete mix. The "printer" resembles a gantry crane arrangement that gets set up on site.
So it is just a matter of scaling and material selection.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well Amazon blew it, the shipment was delayed show a one day delivery turned into a probable 2 day or three day. Because I had already decided I would have a spare spool of filament I just ordered another one. When they told me that the first order was delayed I cancelled it, after the dust settles financially I will order a spare spool. I have to wonder who holds these guys accountable?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have to wonder who holds these guys accountable?
It's not at all unusual to have a delay on an Amazon order. Even using Amazon Prime services. Who holds Amazon accountable? Nobody and nobody really can. The customer does not always come first. More of a you will take what you get and like it. Anything large and bulky comes here Amazon. Wife is on a walker as a result of cancer. No more driving. Grocery shopping is now on me. Large bulk items are Amazon since the large things like a case of paper towels and a case of toilet paper occupy an entire cart at the supermarket. Not to even mention 40 Lb bags of dog food. Everything from my little electronic parts to big items is Amazon. Normally they get it right as to delivery but sometimes yes, there are delays. Your only option is order from and electronics supply house and pay for Next Day which is quite expensive.

Something humorous is my wife uses a little Amazon Echo and ask "Alexa, where's my stuff" and the Echo actually tells her where everything is in the chain and when it will get here. She also will go online and using GPS for their trucks it shows her where the truck is and how many stops away. Anyway Amazon works better than most and I am not dragging 40 Lb bags of dog food around. :) Patience as good things come to those who wait.

Ron

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am also a Walmart+ subscriber. Walmart is much much cheaper than Amazon. The fact that their delivery will take a lot longer is a given. And I use them accordingly.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am also a Walmart+ subscriber. Walmart is much much cheaper than Amazon. The fact that their delivery will take a lot longer is a given. And I use them accordingly.
Sure you know this but when my wife does Amazon she also compares prices. Being old and retired has its merits. My sister got the wife going on Walmart and this is interesting, it's not unusual to order on Amazon and have it show up in a Walmart box. ZipLoc bags come to mind. Also the Milk Bone 10 Lb boxes of dog biscuits normally come in a Sam's Club box. Anyway even within Amazon the same products can vary in cost depending on where it is actually coming from. This is of course a "Kathy Thing" as Ron doesn't do the ordering thing. I suffered learning my way around the market.

Then of course about every two weeks I am cutting up a pile of boxes to go away with the recyclables. :) This of course beats running all over buying stuff.

Ron

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The city I live in Garland has a recycle program. I breakdown the boxes enough to where they will fit in the dumpster. After that it is their problem. Now if I could only figure out what to do with all those plastic bags they refuse to accept.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello Wendy! Here is a question about WalMart: How accurately are the orders filled? That relates to the on-line descriptions. I need to order a TV remote for a TCL smart TV, and a search reveals many choices at widely different prices. So can you comment about how good the descriptions are and how closely they match what arrives?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Overall Walmart is a good store to buy online from I have had some problems however when you need to return something. I accidentally bought AA rechargeable batteries instead of AAA rechargeable batteries the return was easy, but it took three months to get my money back. It was a third party vendor whom I suspect did not want to refund the money even though they got the product back unopened. Unlike Amazon Walmart tends to use the USPS which automatically slows things down.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
tends to use the USPS which automatically slows things down.

USPS start testing of a service to offer same day delivery within the same metro area. Their goal is to encourage orders from local vendors. Only after the tests are done will we find if they can make customers happy vs simply making the order an extra day later than promised.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I just spent most of Thursday, Friday, in half of Saturday at the hospital. An infection on my bad leg was getting the upper hand. the pain was getting fairly intense. so i packed up and went to the hospital ER. They love me! I stayed on my back for several days while they gave me IV antibiotics which I badly needed.

I have a rather buzy schedule of Dr apts this month which are very disruptive to any projects I may have in the works.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
#12 Off-Topic 0
B Off-Topic 17
WBahn Off-Topic 16