Alas Poor Yorick, I knew him well!

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Max,
I do recall that poor old man, woops! did I say, 'man', I meant 'person', I must be politically correct, else the PC lobby will have me committed.:rolleyes:

Sadly I do not foresee any future change for the better, IMHO, it's all down hill to hell on a hand cart.

Eric.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One thing that really gets me going is the pandering to those apparent few who wish everything to be politically correct.:rolleyes:
Some recent examples here:
The Museum of Man and Nature HAD to be changed to the Manitoba Museum.
The Fisherman that have plied the lake here for centuries are now called 'Fishers'
Earls Restaurant that for years served a beer they called Albino Rhino Ale, but it apparently upset a group of people with a certain medical condition so they lobbied for the restaurant to remove it, which the restaurant caved into.
In Quebec a local historical society wanted to re-enact the battle of the Plains of Abraham from 1759, again a small handful of do-gooders thought this disrespectful to the French that lost the battle, and successfully had it stopped.
It appears to me that we are being controlled by a very small minority of so-called do-gooders.
Because so far I cannot find anyone that agrees with the above reversals.
Rant over.
Max.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
One thing that really gets me going is the pandering to those apparent few who wish everything to be politically correct.:rolleyes:
That's because his brothers and sisters , Honor, Courage, Strength of character, Ethics, Morality all went with him.

They were the ones who once stood up to those types of people and told them to either give valid justified reasons for their wants or go pound sand and if needed stepped up and unapologetically kicked their asses for the betterment of the whole of things when they tried to take their agendas too far. :(

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It all started in the 50s, when the public schools stopped teaching civics and started teaching civil disobedience. Not they there is anything bad about the latter. It is guaranteed by our civic history.

But the two concepts are different and taught as such. People's civil rights should not, must not and can not impinge on our civic rights.

Think about it.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Some recent examples here:
The Museum of Man and Nature HAD to be changed to the Manitoba Museum.
The Fisherman that have plied the lake here for centuries are now called 'Fishers'
Earls Restaurant that for years served a beer they called Albino Rhino Ale, but it apparently upset a group of people with a certain medical condition so they lobbied for the restaurant to remove it, which the restaurant caved into.
In Quebec a local historical society wanted to re-enact the battle of the Plains of Abraham from 1759, again a small handful of do-gooders thought this disrespectful to the French that lost the battle, and successfully had it stopped.
It appears to me that we are being controlled by a very small minority of so-called do-gooders.
Because so far I cannot find anyone that agrees with the above reversals.
Rant over.
Max.

[rant]
In the future kindly use rant tags.
[\rant]

Thank you.

:p

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
The masculine feminist in me thinks boatsman's user name is offensive. I am petitioning for a name change to boatsperson. :eek:

I'll be along shortly to kick your ass for thinking he needs to change his name to fit your emotional wants.

No petition required. It's for the good of the whole. ;)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
With that logic, John Hancock should have been censured and forced to go by the name of John Hangenitalia.
While on a 'close' subject, I suspect the next word to to go under the knife, so to speak, Is the word Testimony, there is much dispute as to the actual origin, but is is seemingly agreed that it has the origins in the Latin word Testis, which the Romans used for a part of the male anatomy!:p
Max.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
While on a 'close' subject, I suspect the next word to to go under the knife, so to speak, Is the word Testimony, there is much dispute as to the actual origin, but is is seemingly agreed that it has the origins in the Latin word Testis, which the Romans used for a part of the male anatomy!:p
Max.
what will happen to the word menstruation?

I am happy I know another language that is less aflicted with this disease... unfortunately it too is degrading swiftly

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I feel the word 'Fact' seems to have been heavily diluted to include anything but what it stands for. :mad:

Its damn near impossible to have a actual' Fact' based discussion without some one claiming their (most often ignorant or worse) opinion is a fact and thusly holds as much sway and validity as a actual 'fact' does.