ADVICE NEED ASAP (its an emergency)

brendyboy

Joined Dec 21, 2005
I need someones advice!!!

Im working on a project which needs a temperature control circuit to activate a relay. The project is due in next week so i desperately desperately need someones help!!!! please please please!!

http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.co...s/1000/1048.pdf is a link to the info sheet of the circuit i have purchased. However the temperature range of this circuit is 20-80 degrees and i need it within 2-8.
I heard that i only need to change the variable resistor (is that also called a potentiometer?) to a 4.7k. Would that work?
Basically i need the relay to switch when the temperature gets to about 8 degrees and then switch back when it gets around 4.

Please also understand that I do not wish to over complecate it as I know nothing about electronics (wish i listened in class now) so im after the simplest solution!!

Would really appreciate any help!!
Many thanks
Brendan

paultwang

Joined Mar 8, 2006
Originally posted by brendyboy@Apr 19 2006, 10:42 AM
However the temperature range of this circuit is 20-80 degrees and i need it within 2-8.
I heard that i only need to change the variable resistor (is that also called a potentiometer?) to a 4.7k. Would that work?
[post=16320]Quoted post[/post]​
The requirement looks like a refrigerator thermostat.

You have provided no component values. It is difficult to answer.

Call the company and talk to their engineer.