Add a work light to powertools (Powered Screwdriver)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Easy to make the leds work both ways, put the leds in Parallel reversed with one series resistor, across the motor so one led lights up in each direction.

DSC_0288.JPG

Last edited:

JoeCK

Joined Mar 20, 2020
Easy to make the leds work both ways, put the leds in Parallel reversed with one series resistor, across the motor so one led lights up in each direction.

View attachment 203783
Hi, Thanx again Dave.
This diagram wiring is what I have done at the moment.
However, since the bulbs are on each sides towards the tip, light casts shadow on the other side.
So if it's simple to achieve two bulbs simultaneously, will be good.
Thank you.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hi, Thanx again Dave.
This diagram wiring is what I have done at the moment.
However, since the bulbs are on each sides towards the tip, light casts shadow on the other side.
So if it's simple to achieve two bulbs simultaneously, will be good.
Thank you.
How to do that has been described before.

Use a full bridge rectifier. Use Schottky diodes to minimize the voltage loss. You may need to build your own.

Connect the motor terminals to the AC inputs.

Connect the LEDs to the DC outputs. Use separate current limiting resistors for each LED, and connect each LED/resistor pair in parallel.

You might recalculate the current limiting resistors value. However, 200Ω will still result in a realistic current for the LED.

D56CFE1B-9CDE-4BB5-B7CA-ED6FE00B231E.jpeg

JoeCK

Joined Mar 20, 2020
How to do that has been described before.

Use a full bridge rectifier. Use Schottky diodes to minimize the voltage loss. You may need to build your own.

Connect the motor terminals to the AC inputs.

Connect the LEDs to the DC outputs. Use separate current limiting resistors for each LED, and connect each LED/resistor pair in parallel.

You might recalculate the current limiting resistors value. However, 200Ω will still result in a realistic current for the LED.

View attachment 203792
Thanks a lot DJ for the diagram.
(earlier description was bit complex for "ME". A picture can say 1000 words) :)
Any specific number for schottky diodes pls?

Will do it and update the pictures.

Thanks