ADC interfacing with RS232

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
hi m new member of this site n i want urgent help in my clg project.i have interface icl 7106 which is atod converter with rs232.i need schematic n code for this in c.....

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The ICL7106 is a Digital Volt Meter chip.
The ICL7106 has no output for RS232, it can only drive a lcd display.

Greetings,
Bertus

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You should Google for the data sheet for any device you are trying to use. They are freely available and will tell you how to use that device, plus example circuits in many cases.

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
hi m new member of this site n i want urgent help in my clg project.i have interface icl 7106 which is atod converter with rs232.i need schematic n code for this in c.....
HI....my project title is microcontroller based vibration amplifier and in that for interfacing lcd my sir has used icl7106 which is having a2d converters(from datasheet) n its output goes to lcd..the output is digital that is sure n now i want to get all that output controlled n analysed in or via pc...hw can v do it?can't v interface it to rs232?is there any other ic who can make this output compatible with rs232?
plz do reply me....
thanx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
can v take the output of icl7160 into microcontroller n then can v interface with rs232?
plz suggest me any way to interface this digital data with rs232.....

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
No, this is a converter that needs a microcontroller to read the data.

It is hard to give you good information because you have given no parameters, like the resolution you need. There are A to D converters with serial outputs, but not RS-232.

For the combination of A to D conversion, LCD display, and external serial communication, you may have to use a microcontroller. Atmel makes several microcontrollers with multiple channel A to D converters and a LCD interface. Take a look at the devices ath this link - http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/devices.asp?family_id=607#1583.

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
thanx for reply.
as u know my ic 7106 is having lcd driver in built so output is 8 bit digital..now i have to take this output of ic in 89c51.is it possible or not plz reply.

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
in the block diagram i gave u i have already clear lcd interfacing with icl7106 n there is no microcontroller in between now i want to take this ic's op to microcontroller and then in pc....is it possible?as our main goal is to analyse this data coming in pc through serial port.
opamp takes input from vibrations so its freq may very widely but magnitude is upto 12volt only....
n 1 more que if we r just transmitting alphabet A in pc using 89c51 with rs232 then do we have to give 5volt supply to ic?n where can we see this A in pc?plz tel me.

niyati

Joined Feb 13, 2009
in the block diagram opamp is a gain amplifier so freq may vary widely but magnitude is upto 12v.presently i have successfully interfaced opamp with adc 7106 ic n ic to lcd.now i want data in my pc to analyse it via software or to make its database.
right now i have interfaced 89c51 with rs232 using max232 ic with a simple prg of continuously txmitting 'a' but dont know where to see this output in pc?
and should i give 5v to controller?