ac to dc converter

prasadbankar

Joined Mar 6, 2021
hello ,
i am currently working on a project. Where i have input as 3 ph variable voltage and Variable frequency AC supply. and i have to convert it to 3 ph constant Voltage and constant frequency ac supply. please suggest some solution for this.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
hello ,
i am currently working on a project. Where i have input as 3 ph variable voltage and Variable frequency AC supply. and i have to convert it to 3 ph constant Voltage and constant frequency ac supply. please suggest some solution for this.
I don't know any way to do this without converting first to DC, and then creating the regulated output from that. Maybe there's a more elegant way but it wouldn't be simple.

This is essentially the same problem you have running a windmill. The power from the generator could be just about anything, depending on the wind. You want to run your household appliances from that, but they need the regulated output. The typical solution is a battery bank. You rectify the AC from the mill, charge the batteries, and run an inverter off the batteries.