AC-DC Power supply, capacitor size? or filter? earth output?

Summi ECE306

Joined Aug 15, 2016
AC source, connects in parallel to each unit.

One Unit:
Input Supply: AC source
--using ac-dc converter--
Output: DC voltage -- 30-36 V 5-6 A

One Block:
Two units in series. 60-70 V 5-6 A

The main circuit Connection: Two blocks in parallel. 60-70 V 10-12 A

Right now, this works totally fine with my load requirements, without any problems. But this is just a basic connections according to my knowledge.
But down the line, I think it might be a trouble from what I've read so far. and need to make adjustments.

Questions: Do I connect a capacitor or a RC filter circuit at the end of each units before connecting to load? What would this do? ( Just reduce ripple voltage at output)? But, how to calculate the size of capacitor?

Another thing, I read that, just earthing the -ve of each unit, would be good?

Also, thinking of adding diodes to the circuit, but do I add it, in between each units or after each block? (assuming the diode meets the parameters at the point it is connected.)

Maybe, the two units or two blocks might not start at the same time, when input is given??
Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
AC to DC converter would normally have output filtering.
Add diodes after last block to OR the supplies, then control one of the stacked supplies with a load monitor or timer.

Summi ECE306

Joined Aug 15, 2016
So, add diode after each block? Got it.

Are you suggesting control each individually at once or control one after another, one at a time?

Summi ECE306

Joined Aug 15, 2016
I do need 60 V 10 A for my load, so everything needs to be running.

In future, there might be a possibility that one unit might start with a delay, any suggestions on how to reduce delay?