About Hall Effect Sensor

McNish

Joined Jul 18, 2017
Hello,

I am trying to find a bi-directional hall effect sensor which has a configurable offset voltage but still couldn't find it. All the current sensors have Vdd/2 offset voltage at the output but I need a offset voltage different than Vdd/2. Is there anyone who knows that kind of hall effect sensor?

Thanks in advanced

McNish

Joined Jul 18, 2017
Could you construct what you need from a Honeywell ss400 series bi-polar version?
Max.
Thank you Max for the response.
I guess I explained the situation wrong. I need a current sensor not a position sensor so I think I cannot use this one for current measurement

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Re-visiting it it sounds like you are using something like the ACS712?
I believe the spec sheet show how to reconfigure the offset to what you want, if not there should be answers via Google.
Max.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Yes, it is pretty easy to offset the reading. This is a bit of a hack, but try placing a magnet near the sensor and you will see the reading move. It is a magnetic sensor after all. I've done this and it works ok. A bit tricky to set up but gluing a small magnet in position can do it.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

I think you should state exactly what offset you need and what it has to power (such as an ADC input or transistor). It could be as simple as two resistors.
If you use a magnet you can get an offset, but you may loose some of the dynamic range. Depends if you need the whole range and thus resolution of the HES.