AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
A big thank you to JRAP!!!! Got me back.

A thank you to WBhan too for seeing my post and reacting to it!!!
They didn't just welcome you back, I see, but they also raised your knighthood to that of an expert! ;)

Or was that title already given and I hadn't noticed before?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
They didn't just welcome you back, I see, but they also raised your knighthood to that of an expert! ;)

Or was that title already given and I hadn't noticed before?
As near as I can tell (I don't have access to the configuration information that controls it) the "Expert" title happens at 10,000 posts and the "AAC Fanatic!" is the level immediately prior. So something is going on. It could be that the new system uses information in addition to post count.

@jrap: On the one hand, the titles and such don't mean anything. But on the other hand if they are misbehaving then we should track down the issue or at least report it to XenForo since it could be an artifact of a bug that has security implications.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
As near as I can tell (I don't have access to the configuration information that controls it) the "Expert" title happens at 10,000 posts and the "AAC Fanatic!" is the level immediately prior. So something is going on. It could be that the new system uses information in addition to post count.

@jrap: On the one hand, the titles and such don't mean anything. But on the other hand if they are misbehaving then we should track down the issue or at least report it to XenForo since it could be an artifact of a bug that has security implications.
I agree. In my opinion, those titles are ridiculous. I would prefer not to be called fanatic of anything but I would not struggle for a change.

The youngsters prefer picture books. Reading text is too hard.
And little kids like playing with large toys. I've seen other websites go to these giant icons. Maybe it's designed intentionally to cause you eyes to change focus constantly.

I really do hate the gray colors that's prevalent everywhere like the box you type replies too.

then there has been this new thing like with Firefox in the address bar "Search with Google or enter an address". When you "click" nothing happens. Is my mouse broken. The "Search...." used to go away, now you have to type a character. A clicj just won't do anymore.

It seems all attachments/uploads to my blog (at least) are missing -- Inasmuch as such entailed four years work PLEASE tell me this is a temporary problem :(

Best regards
HP
ATTN: @jrap @bertus

At absolute risk of redundancy -- are plans to 'fix' 'the blog feature (i.e. restoration of pre-exsisting attachments to each user's blog) 'in the works' or not?

Please recall that, under the previous fora version, blogs > ~ 47Mb could not be downloaded via fora software and, hence, were not 'backed-up' --- Manual restoration of over 200 images is not an enviable task :(

At your mercy
HP

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Like the man who was heard to say every time he passed a floor after falling from a 10 story building,
So far so good.
The best condensed version of a joke that in this part of the world could take several minutes to tell. Congratulations for that!!

@jrap @AdamLaBarbera (@EETech Adam ?) @bertus

Ya know... The courtesy of a brief acknowledgment of my inquiry seems little enough to ask...

À la:
-- "Patience! - we're working on it."

--OR--

"We'll look into it in it's turn"

--OR--

"Unfortunately blog uploads were a casualty of the transition, sorry"

--OR--

--Whatever!--

'Crickets' are both disheartening and, I daresay, verge upon unbidden (even if unintended) rudeness...

Tolerantly
HP

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
@jrap @AdamLaBarbera (@EETech Adam ?) @bertus

Ya know... The courtesy of a brief acknowledgment of my inquiry seems little enough to ask...

À la:
-- "Patience! - we're working on it."

--OR--

"We'll look into it in it's turn"

--OR--

"Unfortunately blog uploads were a casualty of the transition, sorry"

--OR--

--Whatever!--

'Crickets' are both disheartening and, I daresay, verge upon unbidden (even if unintended) rudeness...

Tolerantly
HP
I'm no administrator... but I'm certain your info is securely backed up, and will be brought back on line as soon as jrap's had his nap and lattè ... ;)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
My 2¢ : I'd suggest more contrast when highlighting new unread alerts in the alerts drop-down list. A change of background color, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.