AAC, Life, and Projects

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
I've been absent for a few months but now I have some time to "catch up" on the goings at AAC.

I haven't read anything yet to suggest a more restrictive site.
You have missed much indeed. I suspect the thread which initiated this trouble is a thread which has been deleted. From what I gather, certain political views are not acceptable to a certain moderator. The banned member in question would not accept that and has been banned as a result. However, I have not spoken directly to the parties involved, so this is simply a guess based on what I have been seeing of late...maybe another member with a more direct involvment could set the record straight.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Consider the logical implications of having to allow for the human body resistance being as low as 30 ohms: what voltage is then permissible? If we have to guarantee a current of no more than a few milliamperes in this situation, then voltages must be less than a couple of hundred millivolts. This is not enough to activate a silicon transistor, so practical electronics is effectively ruled out.

I would like to be able to argue that the naval environment is different to what we normally encounter on land, but this is not always so. Accidents have indeed occurred at low voltages in such places as plating works. It is surprising what folk will sometimes do: just recently, a young contributor asked about immersing a lead-acid battery in a stream. :eek:

If the legal argument says that you have to allow for people who do their electronics while enjoying salt-water baths, my guess is that eventually all reference to practical circuit construction will have to be proscribed. I shall watch with interest to see what develops.

One suggestion occurs to me. If some ideas are too hazardous for discussion where children may see them, what about an adults-only section, say for over-18s? Granted it may be difficult to prevent minors from gaining access, any more than one can really guarantee them not viewing other adult material, but it might be a step in the right direction.

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
Keep after the ill-informed who want to play with power mains at 120 or 240 volts. Little fingers and big fingers should remain in well insulated pockets.
The human body has been described as a 25 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, so it doesn't take an extensive knowledge of Ohm's Law to figure out that even a little current and "little" voltage can cause "big" damage.
Occasionally, someone posts a request that should be made only to a qualified contractor, with the requestor ready to write a check. I don't know how one can filter out such requests. Then there are the shameless clods who expect free engineering for a commercial project. AAC is an educational undertaking, as I understand it. It would not stand up well to abuse of any kind.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
<SNIP>

I'm betting beenthere will not receive any private messages seeking assistance from the over unity crowd. He might receive them accusing him of being part of a conspiracy though.
@JoeJester, Didn't you take the oath when you joined AAC to never reveal the 'Secrets of Free Energy and Over Unity' like the rest of us did? :p:D

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Back on topic, I'm spending bit less time on here because I'm working on my car, just got new tires and rims :D
I'll upload a pic later.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I get enough political discourse on other forums and personally, electronic subject formus, like AAC do not need to egress down that road. Religion and politics are two emotionally charged subjects that turn ugly real quickly.

As far as someone being banned, guess what ... if they don't want to play by the rules, then accept whatever punishment is meted out. The purpose of this board is not political discussion or discourse. When you dance to the music, you pay the piper.

The most political I would get on this forum is to encourage everyone who is able to vote ... vote for who they think is best for their country. I will do the same. I have no interest in the discourse because most of the discourse is argued from the point of ignorance. But wait, it must be true because I read it on the internet.

It's nice that they provided an off-topic forum. But I still wouldn't want politics or religion in this area either.

As far as the "secrecy oath", that occurred after I joined the forums. :D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You have missed much indeed. I suspect the thread which initiated this trouble is a thread which has been deleted. From what I gather, certain political views are not acceptable to a certain moderator. The banned member in question would not accept that and has been banned as a result. However, I have not spoken directly to the parties involved, so this is simply a guess based on what I have been seeing of late...maybe another member with a more direct involvment could set the record straight.
You missed the thread in question, and aren't even close to what happened. Politics were not involved, you do not challenge a moderator lightly. While I like Jpanhalt and consider him a friend, he was pushing, hard. I saved his public response to Beenthere's private mail, which quoted what Beenthere had said to him. It was indeed private, and should have stayed that way. That was why the entire thread was deleted. JP had to know this was going to happen, it was his final post.

Last edited:

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
You missed the thread in question, and aren't even close to what happened. Politics were not involved, you do not challenge a moderator lightly. While I like Jpanhalt and consider him a friend, he was pushing, hard. I saved his public response to Beenthere's private mail, which quoted what Beenthere had said to him. It was indeed private, and should have stayed that way. That was why the entire thread was deleted. JP had to know this was going to happen, it was his final post.
Thanks for the insight. I was wondering what had happened. Live and learn...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Thanks for the info Bill.

If a moderator meted out a suspension/banning, the only one who could superceed that would be Dave. I suspect Dave would be hard pressed to overrule a moderator in this forum as they are not the strictest I've seen and it takes a bit to rile them up.

I think the moderator staff does a great job here, handling things with the tact necessary. Dave is lucky, as are the members here, to have such a moderating staff.

We do, sometimes, need to be reminded of the purpose of these forums. That purpose might not be congruent with the topic we want to discuss but we should be respectful of the other members by not bringing some subjects up. If those need to be discussed, anyone has the opportunity to open their own blog or forum on whatever topic they desire. After all, one of the free energy poster left here and found a home where he could rant all they wanted about the vast conspiracy keeping the free energy movement down.