A website i made for a school project

resicalc

Joined Aug 5, 2016
Hello,

This is the first time a post something here, its a very nice place for finding usefull things about electronics.

For a school project i made a website that calculates the value of resistors.

www.resicalc.com

I would like your opinion

Many Thanks,
Alex

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello,

This is the first time a post something here, its a very nice place for finding usefull things about electronics.

For a school project i made a website that calculates the value of resistors.

www.resicalc.com

I would like your opinion

Many Thanks,
Alex
I think the drop-down should not reset to "None" when Submit is pressed to make the calculation. The selected values should remain on the four drop-downs.

Also, the text value should be cleared as soon as a user changes a value in a drop down to avoid any confusion. The changed value could be confused with the written value if the written value is not cleared (or immediately updated when a drop-down is changed).

This doesn't make sense to me, it is not as helpful as if the selected values would remain visible. Note, I use iPad safari - it may remain on other browsers/OS combinations.
image.jpg

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Nice.

A couple of suggestions.

After someone calculates a value, leave their choices up there so that they can still see them. This is helpful if they get a result they weren't expecting since they can verify that they entered the values they meant to.

You need to validate the entered data. For instance, if I select the "Four band" option and enter None-Brown-Black-Brown, I get back "1 OHM, TOLERANCE: 1%". But that is incorrect and almost certainly should have been entered as Brown-Black-Brown-None. So you can check for first band being None (or anything but the last band in the case of a four band and any band in the case of the higher band count) and post an error.