A Time Delay Circuit for beginner.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Here is a fun project for a beginner. The part in photo can be bought for less than 5 bucks, but that's not the point. Only the LED, ( D1) and a diode, (D2), has no information. Just use a 3 volt LED and try small diode. Everything else is on photo. Just use larger parts with same ratings so you can use breadboard first. If you use exact teany tiny parts, connect with liquid (in a tube), instead of hot solder. Hint: I use liquid solder connecting real thin wire with tiny terminals in which I glue together using liquid plastic (lazer lite), as seen on TV), over top of connection. It has not failed yet. That's my secret, or was my secret. Just do one connection at a time not to touch other terminals .Have fun.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
By the way, you can use a sound senser, infrared senser, light senser, touch senser or other sensers to make it work. Just install senser between the trigger and V- (GND). That is all that it takes to operate it. If you want to use a remote contoller which works by an infrared LED, that has three wires, connect the 3 wires right at power in, making sure the output wire is connected to the trigger. To be clearer, the 3 wire infrared LED installs this way, positive ( long wire on led) gets put on V+, the middle (shorter wire), gets put on V negitive, the 3rd output wire ( oppisite end of positive wire), connects to the trigger port, terminal n you are done. Try a touch sensor too. It's easy and fun. Use on remote control car. When the delay goes to "0", the car could go backwards.

Attachments

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
View attachment 103378 Here is instructions, photo. Almost forgot to post it. Lol

By the way, you can use a sound senser, infrared senser, light senser, touch senser or other sensers to make it work. Just install senser between the trigger and V- (GND). That is all that it takes to operate it. If you want to use a remote contoller which works by an infrared LED, that has three wires, connect the 3 wires right at power in, making sure the output wire is connected to the trigger. To be clearer, the 3 wire infrared LED installs this way, positive ( long wire on led) gets put on V+, the middle (shorter wire), gets put on V negitive, the 3rd output wire ( oppisite end of positive wire), connects to the trigger port, terminal n you are done. Try a touch sensor too. It's easy and fun. Use on remote control car. When the delay goes to "0", the car could go backwards.
It seems like the world's hardest 555 schematic diagram to understand. :)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What a shame you can't find the Complete Projects Forum instead of having so many people look here to answer your question...which you don't have.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
:confused: I'm not clear why/where the mains-powered table lamp, shown in your schematic, would be mounted on the car.
I should not have mentioned anything about a car. The drawing ( of the lamp) is to show 1 idea to which this delay could be put to use. Also the purpose of the no/nc and common terminal block. The output side. Good point on your part.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
It seems like the world's hardest 555 schematic diagram to understand. :)
This is a good point. What is easy to one maybe hard for other. Just follow one wire at a time, like a road map. If the photo is inlarged, it is much clearer. This was my first time doing something like this. I am a beginner too. I am what is known as a lay person. I find schematics in that square format , looks simple, but I can't relate to it easily. I don't have that type of vision. That square format is like genius, and I can't figure out who does that, everything's in perfect place and position, but never looks like final result, to me, again, I'm a "lay" person, not a engineer. I thought I give it a whirl. Thanks for input. Much appreciate it.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Is this post meant for April 1st. ?
Love that comment. I knew this would go right over the heads of wonderful , genius types of people that are very knowledgeable of Electronics. Square format Rules, no doubt. But not to us regular folks. I need a map, but that's me. I thought hundreds of "What?" might happen. Beginners don't know any better, like me. Lol

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Is there a question in there...?
No, that is the best part. Just follow each wire one at a time. All parts are listed except the LED. Must be a 2.7 to 3 volt led. All parts are in position, perfect order. Just start at ,say the top, work down , one wire at a time.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
What a shame you can't find the Complete Projects Forum instead of having so many people look here to answer your question...which you don't have.
Thanks for your input. To answer your concern, it is because I just don't understand how these sites work. I am always doing it wrong. But, I have only one word to say, "What-a-shame" . See?, I messed that up. That is 3 words. Whatashame, whatashame!!!. Lol

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
:confused: I'm not clear why/where the mains-powered table lamp, shown in your schematic, would be mounted on the car.
That terminal block gets connected to what you want to operate, output. Anything your heart desires, as long it does not exeed ratings of relay, which is , in this case, 10 amps. The lamp is but 1 example. Easy to draw lamp.

Whatashame

Joined Nov 30, 2015
No one would have fun trying to make sense of your schematic:(. That is just what I will do. I have a drawing table. I been drawing my invention alot lately , so I free hand this one. But you are right, must make it clear for all. Thanks, I don't mind your input. It is good input like everyone is giving me.

The important thing to take from the preceding comments is that it is essential to take the time to draw schematics clearly using conventional symbols and layout before presenting them to anyone else.