A simple bridged TDA2003 Amplifier

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you realyze the thread is more than a year old?
We also do not like links to rapidshare.
If you want to share your ideas, upload them here.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS I know Fenris does not need it to be stereo.
It is for a special project of him.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A monolithic bridged amplifier IC has both amplifiers with matched input offset voltages so that the idle current flowing in the speaker is low.
You have two different ICs that probably do not match so that the idle current might be very high.

Rickg5106

Joined Mar 1, 2010
Hello All,
Rick here <---- A NEW GUY
I am bright enough to follow directions but don't understand the needs of the circiut. The main question is what are the voltage requirments for the components? Does someone have a stock list they could would send me? I can read packages so I can get the right stuff but don't assume I know anything. I am down playing it a bit, but not much. I know enough to know when to say HELP! Thanks for your time.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
All parts have a detailed datasheet except cheap ones from ***** (a certain country)and are sold on E-Bay. The datasheet says the guaranteed max voltage for a capacitor and lists the max temperature.

A capacitor has a max allowed voltage rating. The cost of a 35V capacitor is almost the same as a cheaper 16V capacitor. If the capacitor fails then it might cause a rare or an expensive part to blow up. So the voltage rating of a capacitor is usually about twice the actual voltage it is exposed to in a circuit.

The same with transistors except frequently a "more expensive" high voltage transistor costs less than a "cheap" low voltage transistor even if the transistors are the same.
Because everybody buys the high voltage one and hardly anybody buys the low voltage one.

A TL072 dual opamp is used in many Hi-Fi's because it is low noise and has very low distortion. Its frequency response is wideband. It is a "general purpose" TL082 selected for low noise. They cost the same because more people use the TL072 than use the TL082. The cost of the noise test and separating them is paid by the mass sales.

Rickg5106

Joined Mar 1, 2010
Thanks so much for the info. I am going to make a predator call and input it with an MP3 player. I will power it with a portable drill motor battery (14.4) because I have them already. Should work fine.
The reason for the post was I am a bit concerned about C5 and C6. They are marked in the picture as "regular" capacitors (not Ecaps) but "regular" is kind of misleading and I want to make sure I get the right cap the first time.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Hi Rick,
If you are making the TDA7240A amplifier then C5, C6 and C7 can be ceramic or film capacitors.

I don't know what type of capacitor you call "regular" and I don't know what type you call "an E-cap".

Rickg5106

Joined Mar 1, 2010
I call electrolitics "ecaps" and everything else with the same width bars for a symbol, "regular". I am most likely misguided about that but I warned you in my original post that I knew enough to get into trouble. The info provided is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your time and patience.