A replacement for this IC part?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Khaleef, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Khaleef

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Hello,

I have a problem with a Romoss powerbank which I bought. It was working very well just few days ago, I stopped charging my device and would not charge itself instead, a part of it heats up very much.

I opened the powerbank to see if I could do the fix. I noticed when I plug the Powerbank in AC, there's this small IC (IP1689) that heats up very bad and when I read the Input Charging USB port Negative and Positive with a Multimeter to check resistance, it beeps which means they are bridged together. Then I removed the IC from the PCB and the bridge stopped but with no resistance. I can not find the part to order or get support from the manufacturer.

I would like to know if there is another way or jumper to work around the IC to make the Powerbank work.

Thanks

(Attached is the image of the PCB and the Part)

2. hp1729

Nov 23, 2015
    Can you find a manufacturer's logo on the chip?

Khaleef likes this.
  3. Khaleef

Mar 22, 2017
    Yes, I can! Should I post the image?

4. Khaleef

Mar 22, 2017
    Here is the zoomed image of the part and the details extracted!!!

Please help!!!

5. Jony130

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 17, 2009
    This is a custom IC part probably the system on chip, therefore no datasheet available.

Khaleef likes this.
  6. Jony130

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 17, 2009
    Khaleef likes this.
  7. Khaleef

Mar 22, 2017
    Thank you @Jony130 I have checked the link but didn't find the IP5189 but I have mailed them my problem and asked if they could help me as an end user!

Is there any other thing I can try should they not agree to provide any help?

Thanks again!!!

8. Khaleef

Mar 22, 2017
    Hello , I didn't get a reply from Injoinic concerning my problem! I was thinking they didn't want to give out the part. What else can I try please? I need the Powerbank working. It's very expensive to just let go.

9. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    If the manufacturer won't help you, then nobody can....:(

10. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    Couldnt get the datasheet of IP5189 but a similar one is IP5207 which is also in QFN24 package...

IP5189.PNG
    Allen

Khaleef likes this.
  11. Khaleef

Mar 22, 2017
    Thanks @absf

How do I go about it please, would they have to agree selling the IP5207 to me or there's something I can do with the datasheet?

Thanks.