A real biginner

sampinoy

Joined Sep 24, 2004
hi everybody,

bin reading thru this forum and i feel really small compared to you guys out there. all you guys are university people and am just a high skol kid. am on my 3rd year, but what pushed me to be interested in electronic hobby is when i was able to make my grandpas transistor radio work again. i saw all those little parts and i started wondering what do they do. there was just a lose connection on the battery terminal so it work again and my grandpa praise to high heaven that i was able to make it work again. :)

i also have been brawsing thru the questions posted and most of them i don't understand at all. :unsure: :(

i hope you guys wud be patient with my silly questions. :D

cyberhehe

Joined Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by sampinoy@Oct 7 2004, 05:28 PM
hi everybody,

bin reading thru this forum and i feel really small compared to you guys out there. all you guys are university people and am just a high skol kid. am on my 3rd year, but what pushed me to be interested in electronic hobby is when i was able to make my grandpas transistor radio work again. i saw all those little parts and i started wondering what do they do. there was just a lose connection on the battery terminal so it work again and my grandpa praise to high heaven that i was able to make it work again. :)

i also have been brawsing thru the questions posted and most of them i don't understand at all. :unsure: :(

i hope you guys wud be patient with my silly questions. :D
[post=2819]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi Sam,

Don't worry there could be too many mentors willing to help you. I myself started as a hobbyist in electronics before, and not its part of my job. Good thing for you right now, internet exist, not like during my time that I had the hard time getting those datasheets and other resources.

Cyber

sampinoy

Joined Sep 24, 2004
hello cyber,

yes, your're rite, the internet has really help a lot, but my problem is with so many sources i sometimes dont know what to pick. i am most of the time pressured to do it quick coz am only renting the computer in an internet cafe. it hurts my pocket everytime i stay long broawsing. i dont have a big allowance, you know.

i feel myself lucky that i have met MOZIKLUV, he is a person refered to me by a friend. he had been helpful, i hope he has the patience of teaching me the ways of electronics. he is a fellow filipino. :D

cyberhehe

Joined Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by sampinoy@Oct 18 2004, 02:26 PM
hello cyber,

yes, your're rite, the internet has really help a lot, but my problem is with so many sources i sometimes dont know what to pick. i am most of the time pressured to do it quick coz am only renting the computer in an internet cafe. it hurts my pocket everytime i stay long broawsing. i dont have a big allowance, you know.

i feel myself lucky that i have met MOZIKLUV, he is a person refered to me by a friend. he had been helpful, i hope he has the patience of teaching me the ways of electronics. he is a fellow filipino. :D
[post=2974]Quoted post[/post]​
Yah, really, so am additional fellow pinoy to you right now, hehe.

Well, everything you got to do to start off is attact on the basics. The diodes, the transistors, all those discrete stuffs. Its good to get a foundation on the basics, specially in analog. Once you're there, then have a step on the Digitals... and not so soon, go embedded... thats where your worlds starts to be more open to different possiblities and different creative things to do.

But as I said, patience should be there. Anyway, just ask, and somebody who knows will surely help.

arvind

Joined Nov 4, 2004
hi sampi,
every1 has to start from the beginning. people like u n me are new but tha is no problem its interest in electronics that matters. we will do it
cheers
arvind

sampinoy

Joined Sep 24, 2004
hello everybody

am back again and am so glad cyberhehe is also a fellow countryman. glad to meet you sir.

arvind, thanx 4 the encouragement.

winkey, good 4 u, you hav your own pc and the fee is cheap. i wish it would also be like that here

nice to meet you all :) :p :) :p :D