A note about trolling

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Trolling is not going to be allowed on this site. Seems some members are having trouble understanding this message. It is OK to joke with people, but piling on to one user because it seems fun is not allowed. Use the ignore function instead.

Strange I would have to say this, but it needed said. In this I speak for all the moderator staff and adminstrators.

If it become necessary to discipline a user it is the responsibility of the staff. Lynch mobs and cyber bullying is never pretty, and here not legal.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It's just like with billymayo and a couple of others over the years. They can do/say what they want but the regulars have to bow down to them. :(

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
A certain member has done whatever he wants over the past few weeks/months and no action has been taken so why clamp down now?

I don't like censorship so use the ignore function?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Exactly, use the ignore function. I have been saying this all along.

If you can not say something nice do not say anything at all.

If you can not help yourself, then use the ignore function.

The trolling and cyber bullying will cease, as it has become endemic of late.

Exactly, use the ignore function. I have been saying this all along.

If you can not say something nice do not say anything at all.

If you can not help yourself, then use the ignore function.

The trolling and cyber bullying will cease, as it has become endemic of late.
One small problem............. I tried the ignore button but apparently you dont have one! I would be more than happy to use it if you had one. Typical isnt it despite wishing to comply I cant because those I want to ignore dont have ignore buttons! Cyber bullying??? You sure thats not a slight over reaction?

Exactly how many PC pills did you swallow?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try clicking on the avatar, it is an option.

If you insist on the personal shots you will not last around here anyhow. As I have said, I will not put up with your guff.

You may not like it, but you can not win in a contest of wills against a moderator on her own forum.

This is another warning, and your last free shot.

What guff? I am trying to comply and use the ignore button!! What more do you want??? See for yourself
upload_2016-1-18_0-27-52.png

Where exactly is the ignore button? I cant use something that is clearly not there

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Perhaps because I am a moderator you don't have the option? I am not the problem here, it is your own arrogance.

I do not use the ignore function on anyone because I am a moderator. It is my job. Sometime it is not pleasant, as in now, but I will not quit and I will do my job as I see it.

If you really want to ignore me leave and don't come back. Otherwise you will abide by the rules here.

Perhaps because I am a moderator you don't have the option? I am not the problem here, it is your own arrogance.

I do not use the ignore function on anyone because I am a moderator. It is my job. Sometime it is not pleasant, as in now, but I will not quit and I will do my job as I see it.

If you really want to ignore me leave and don't come back. Otherwise you will abide by the rules here.
Dosnt that contradict "Exactly, use the ignore function. I have been saying this all along."

I could ignore you without the button if you left me alone!

"If you really want to ignore me leave and don't come back."

There you go finally getting to the real agenda,

What rules have I broken? And I mean real rules not the ones you make up on the fly.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
@Little Ghostman

Try reading the ToS. Or maybe one of the stickies on top of this forum.

I will not allow you to troll another member, that has always been part of the rule set. It has not changed, but enforcement for you is much tighter, since you have abused it in the past.

This is not your personal playground, and you can not just do what you want. Judging from your reactions on PM and now, it is the right decision.

I dont need to try as I can actually read and have done so, this is why I am confused as to which of the rules I have broken. I asked for an example of the this crime I have committed. Instead I get told about my guff, which translates to..... you havnt actually broken any rules but I want to ban you anyway.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you had read them you would note the section about abusing other members.

They are there. You are old enough to read. But don't try to pick and choose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
'
The ToS

You are required to follow this link and read through our Rules, Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions of Usage before you register.

Registration to All About Circuits is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click the AAC logo.

Although the administrators and moderators of All About Circuits will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of All About Circuits, nor Xenforo, Ltd. (developers of Xenforo) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sticky

The Off-Topic forum is for general discussions about anything not related to electronics.

The following are a list of what is not permitted in this forum:

- No Spamming or Advertising
- No Abusing or Insulting Members
- No Adult, Vulgar, Offensive, or other Contentious Content
- No Politics
- No HHO, overunity, or Meyer

- We wish to retain a high standard of netiquette in this forum. If you see any spam or abuse of the All About Circuits Forum Rules, Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions of Usage, please use the Report Post feature (the exclamation mark located on the right of every post) and the Administration and Moderators will remove the post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading really is your friend. I call it trolling, and you and others are not allowed to do it.

Last edited:
I know what they say, you are just not getting it. Give me an example of one each of the following (from the bits you highlighted ). "" hateful, threatening" Ok link to where I am guilty of that.

"defamatory, abusive, hateful" Hateful must be a biggy as its in twice!!

Anyway again link to where I have committed this offense,

some dictionary definitions to help you sort out which is which

HATEFUL: full of or expressing hate; malignant; malevolent

threatening: causing alarm, as by being imminent; ominous; sinister:

Defamatory: containing defamation; injurious to reputation; slanderous or libelous

abusive: treating badly or injuriously; mistreating, especially physically

offensive: causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying

The problem with the last one is you called me racist, so I guess that applies both ways

Or you could try leaving me alone and let someone else deal with all these breaches of rules I have committed, I suspect however you enjoy the power trip,