A NEW CONCEPT: New age technology

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
Hi all.
I know it sounds absurd, but it isn't.
I have a project in mind and I would like you to help me, I am not very involved in the world of electronics. I WANT TO CREATE AN EBOOK. But not just any book. My idea is based on oled screens, interconnected so that they form a general structure, in this case a book. Imagine, a blank book. Everything is blank. The pages, the cover, everything. And with a simple synchronization we have at our fingertips the infinite capacity for textual documentation.
I am sure that everything I comment is crazy, but do not have the slightest doubt that the correct word is REVOLUTION.
Do you have any suggestions to start this project?
Where can I start? THANKS TO EVERYONE

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
[QUOTE = "AlbertHall, publicación: 1431179, miembro: 240904"] ¿Una pantalla oled para cada página? 100 páginas, 100 pantallas?
¿Qué hay de malo en una pantalla que puede mostrar la página que desea leer? [/ Q

Imagine a blank, empty book. Without any color. Now imagine that, by inserting a USB on the side of the book, it comes to life and perfectly represents any copy you want to read. The idea is to mix both formats. Everyone who reads likes to turn the pages and put a bookmark. Think about the amount of applications you would have and the amount of resources (paper in this case among others) that would be saved over time. Think that with having a single "ebook", you have everything. I don't know if I explained myself quite well

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
This really helps. $ 5 for a 5 'LCD screen is really a bargain. Thanks for the input. It is also appreciated, because it is not long ago

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
[QUOTE = "atferrari, post: 1431188, member: 147"] No lo hiciste ya que ningún ebook actual podría hacer eso.

De lo contrario, parece proponer un libro electrónico con varias pantallas, lo que hace que nosense.

¿Eres un troll? [/ CITA]
No, I am not a troll. I simply try to show a new way of seeing things. Have you ever seen a book in which pages come alive and have the ability to update? Imagine a history book for high school students in which year by year it updates itself completely, with the help of a Wi-Fi network. I think that it is a great advance in considering the possibility of being able to develop a hardware with such dimensions.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
[QUOTE = "atferrari, post: 1431188, member: 147"] No lo hiciste ya que ningún ebook actual podría hacer eso.

De lo contrario, parece proponer un libro electrónico con varias pantallas, lo que hace que nosense.

¿Eres un troll? [/ CITA]
No, I am not a troll. I simply try to show a new way of seeing things. Have you ever seen a book in which pages come alive and have the ability to update? Imagine a history book for high school students in which year by year it updates itself completely, with the help of a Wi-Fi network. I think that it is a great advance in considering the possibility of being able to develop a hardware with such dimensions.
How is this different to e.g. a Kindle?

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
How is this different to e.g. a Kindle?
A Kindle is a screen. As an ipad but exclusive for reading. So far so good. MY IDEA is to create a new format. At least I have never seen it. Imagine an 80 page book. all blank. You can turn the pages but nothing appears. It is empty. Now through Bluetooth, WiFi or a simple USB, we update the content of our device. What was empty before is now full of letters and phrases. The cover is so clear, you see how in a matter of seconds it is completely displayed. I understand that it may seem crazy, but it is not impossible. It is simply necessary to reduce costs and study the possibility of carrying out a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If you are proposing a device with 80 screens there are a couple of snags: (1) bulk compared to e.g. a tablet/Kindle and (2) price, which will put most people off.

IBuendia12

Joined Sep 12, 2019
If you are proposing a device with 80 screens there are a couple of snags: (1) bulk compared to e.g. a tablet/Kindle and (2) price, which will put most people off.
So far, what I want is to know if it is viable, and, to what extent. I need to study how to carry it out. Because while the idea is simple, carrying it out will not be so. I will update the post as I move forward in the project.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Whenever you think your brain has concocted some brilliant, "new" concept, ask yourself why it hasn't been done before. Nearly always, there are some very good reasons, whether technical or economic or marketing-related, why it has not.

In this case, your "revolutionary" idea is hardly new; it has probably occurred to people thousands of times before-- and dismissed within seconds as not only utterly impractical but of extremely limited market value compared to its cost.

Instead of wasting your time pursuing this silly idea, make the effort to learn enough about electronics so you can MAKE things that actually work.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Whenever you think your brain has concocted some brilliant, "new" concept, ask yourself why it hasn't been done before. Nearly always, there are some very good reasons, whether technical or economic or marketing-related, why it has not.
This is really solid advice for anyone considering any sort of invention or development. If you think there's no reason it hasn't been done, you're almost certainly overlooking something.

If you positively identify all the reasons people have passed on your idea, and you think you've found novel ways to get around those obstacles... Repeat the process of wondering why those sub-solutions haven't been used in the past!

If you get through all that and you're really sure there's something new and different about your plan, then maybe you're really on to something. If so, consider yourself incredibly lucky!

Basically though, assume from the start that there are good reasons why others haven't implemented your idea and then thoughtfully and carefully figure out if your idea is really worth doing in spite of those challenges.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
This is really solid advice for anyone considering any sort of invention or development. If you think there's no reason it hasn't been done, you're almost certainly overlooking something.
Or not.

Note that Charles Duell, Commissioner of the US Patent Office in 1899, did *NOT* say "Everything that can be invented has been invented." In fact, he said the exact opposite.

But Henry Ellsworth, who held the same position in *1843*, came close:

"The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end."
<note that by "arts" he meant the creative arts, the art of inventing>
This was 33 years before the invention of the telephone.

ak

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Or not.

Note that Charles Duell, Commissioner of the US Patent Office in 1899, did *NOT* say "Everything that can be invented has been invented." In fact, he said the exact opposite.

But Henry Ellsworth, who held the same position in *1843*, came close:

"The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end."
<note that by "arts" he meant the creative arts, the art of inventing>
This was 33 years before the invention of the telephone.

ak
Of course I don't think "Everything that can be invented has been invented." Nor do I think anything close to that. On the other hand, there are billions of people, and loads of them think they have unique, original ideas on a daily, or at least weekly, basis. Most of those ideas are not unique original ones. Most of them are duplicates.

So yes, you *COULD* have a truly unique, original idea that's worth pursuing, but it's wise to start your decision making process by imagining that it's an existing idea that others have passed on and then figure out why. That doesn't mean assume your ideas are bad and you should give up. It just means don't be delusional about your own originality. It means be very thoughtful about the potential down-sides that didn't immediately occur to you, and then figure out if you can overcome them.

The idea isn't to squash creativity, but simply to reduce duplicated, wasted effort.