A little help here: Need Wall Wart + Mating Connector

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I've spent the last day or so looking for a switched-mode wall wart (or desktop) power supply and mating connector with off-the-shelf availability with the following specs:

Power Supply:

Input: Either USA 115VAC 60Hz or Universal 90V - 230VAC 50/60 Hz
Output: 12V @ 2 to 3 Amps DC
Output Connector: preferably 2.1mm x 5.5mm female barrel plug, straight or RA, preferably positive tip.

Connector:

Bulkhead mounted male barrel jack with rear nut, compatible with power supply connector, 12V @ 2A.

Here is an example of an acceptable supply:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EPSA120200U-P5P-SZ/T1071-P5P-ND/2235263

This would work fine, but I cannot find the mating barrel jack rated at 2A.

Here's an example of the jack, but this one is rated only 1A:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/4840.2210/4840.2210-ND/1731061

So, either I need a compatible 2A rated barrel jack, or a compatible power supply/jack combination.

Can anyone help?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Try WES Components. The other side of the world to you but thet will have it.
I know you are trying to help, and I appreciate it. But they do not have what I need.

And something I didn't say in my OP, I'll need immediate availability and overnight shipping for delivery to South Florida by Tuesday.

Thanks.

Nope. Need rear-side nut. And I like (but it's not absolutely necessary) the clean finish of the example I gave in the original post.

EDIT: I'll use this if I have to, but it'd be nice to have something similar to the example.
They say that engineering is all about 'compromise'

Can't you make do with something else?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Hello,

Can't you use the one I gave you first?

You could cut the sleve and use it as a nut.

Bertus
I'd rather use the other front-side nut panel mount option you suggested.

It is difficult for me to believe that there does not exist a 2A rated jack with my specs, especially since the 2.1mm x 5.5mm is such a common connector!

I know you are trying to help, and I appreciate it. But they do not have what I need.

And something I didn't say in my OP, I'll need immediate availability and overnight shipping for delivery to South Florida by Tuesday.

Thanks.
Overnight shipping? You must be wealthy.
I'm used to waiting an month for some of my parts.

Gee whiz overnight shipping!

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Overnight shipping? You must be wealthy.
I'm used to waiting an month for some of my parts.

Gee whiz overnight shipping!
Ummmm...

I am not a hobbyist...I am a manufacturer. And I have customers. And those customers expect product. Without product, I don't get paid. Getting paid is sometimes worth the cost of overnight shipping...