A confession, and an outing.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I think a lot of, "judgmentalism" comes from the Christian religion. I peeked at a few other religions and did not notice them even trying to define morality. So...the Christians tried to save the world from Satan. They went on Crusades and kicked butt all over the Middle East. Now the Moose-lums are gathering momentum in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the Wiccans, Druids, Buddhists, and Taoists watch in wonderment. What a mess!

I will not be offended if you delete this post for being inflammatory.
I wasn't going to mention it but I am a Christian. The worst mistake everyone seems to make is to judge all Christians by the actions of a few, or of those in the past (i.e. with the crusades). I would say the majority of Christians are far more caring and non-judgmental, and only those who are (i.e. Westboro Baptist Church) are the ones who are noticed. It's a negative stereotype.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I was raised as a Christian, too, but I was trying to describe a more global point of view. Christianity vs most other religions, not, for instance, Baptist vs Methodist.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I was raised as a Christian, too, but I was trying to describe a more global point of view. Christianity vs most other religions, not, for instance, Baptist vs Methodist.
I think the point Matt is trying to make is that a relative, noisy few seem to represent the whole in public opinion.

There are some that will get in your face and tell you the wrong you've done and there are those that will quietly pray for you - which do you remember more?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I understand the point of DS8. Try this on: A Wiccan or a Taoist will just blink like a frog in a rain storm at the idea that sexuality even has morality.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I understand the point of DS8. Try this on: A Wiccan or a Taoist will just blink like a frog in a rain storm at the idea that sexuality even has morality.
I don't believe the concept of sexuality even came up in this thread.

Gender identity is entirely separate from sexuality.

The sets of morals will change, depending on the faith - I miss your point.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
OK. A Wiccan or a Taoist will just blink like a frog in a rain storm at the idea that gender identity even has morality. Feel better now?

My premise is that if a person doesn't have any familiarity with Christian teachings, judgmentalism doesn't even raise its ugly head.

If you want to discuss whether a person's gender identity has anything to do with their sexual orientation or behavior, that's a whole 'nuther subject.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Actually I see the problems with religions comes primarily from the upper ends of the system where there are only a few top dogs directing the whole flock and its only when they feel they can gain something from attacking another religion that problems develop.

Basically the same thing as most political systems. Very few average nobodies regardless political view have trouble getting along. Its the top leaders that drive the majority to fight with each other for them that is the problem.

Look at the history of every religious or political war ever fought. Every one comes down to a starting point of only one or a few top high and mighty's leaders getting to big for their britches and tossing their weight around, and usually over something petty, that becomes the starting point things. :(

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
OK. A Wiccan or a Taoist will just blink like a frog in a rain storm at the idea that gender identity even has morality. Feel better now?
You will find most religions follow suit. Culture defines gender identity options.

There is no need to be snippy.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You will find most religions follow suit. Culture defines gender identity options.

There is no need to be snippy.
It has been my experience (post #40) that most religions don't even address the issue of whether to condemn people for their gender identity. Perhaps because I only spent a few weeks on each religion and thus did not find their dark undersides. If so, my bad. :oops:

The idea that gender identity and sexuality are completely separate subjects? I don't think judgmental people make such a distinction before they get all judgmental. I just think most judgmentalism has its origins in religion. Slicing off that particular territory from a global proposal seems like a red herring, a distraction from the basic premise.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I think a lot of, "judgmentalism" comes from the Christian religion. I peeked at a few other religions and did not notice them even trying to define morality. So...the Christians tried to save the world from Satan. They went on Crusades and kicked butt all over the Middle East. Now the Moose-lums are gathering momentum in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the Wiccans, Druids, Buddhists, and Taoists watch in wonderment. What a mess!

I will not be offended if you delete this post for being inflammatory.
You're getting there. Keep it up! :p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You're getting there. Keep it up! :p
Wow! I more expected you to lock the thread and threaten to cut my head off!
Talk about blinking like a frog in the rain!
I'm walking on the dangerous edge of a TOS violation and you understand my point of view?
Thank you.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think that a lot of the issues with how a person lives and acts simply comes down to how they present themselves and their actions to the rest of society.

As I see it here Bill Marsden switching to being Wendy Marsden now and explaining why without stuffing it in our face and ramming it down our throats that we have to treat him/her as something special and worse is by my judgement the very best way to make things look acceptable and be acceptable and it sits well with me. ;)

Now had I worked day in and day out with Bill in person and one day he came out dressed up as the new Wendy sure I would do a bit of light hearted poking and teasing but really I would have loads of questions all of which would be as sincere non judgemental and unbiased as I can make them followed by Bill now being Wendy in my mind and further on frames of references. No big deal Wendy's happy with who she is now and I am no worse for the change either.:cool:

BUT had this all came about with much BS and fanfare outrageous over the top TG/TS and gay parades and a load of in my face nonsense like far too many alternate life style people seem to think they have to do heck yea I would be offended and rather disgusted to say the least by the whole change. :(

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm walking on the dangerous edge of a TOS violation and you understand my point of view?
Thank you.
I think we are all mature enough to talk about these sort of subjects without becoming total over opinionated PITA's to each other which if kept in that manner I would would not call what we are discussing an outright TOS violation.

Wendy has something new and rarely talked about to share with us and I for one feel that it's a subject that deserves a fair and civilized discussion of how it is and how it comes to be seen as so negative in many religious/political contexts when by and large the average persons regardless of religious and political affiliation are not really put off by it in general.

That's my thoughts any way.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Perhaps because I only spent a few weeks on each religion and thus did not find their dark undersides. If so, my bad. :oops:
Some people are a part of a religion to be a part of a certain crowd; the problem is they bring their dark undersides with them.

kv

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Thank you.
I have to say it's probably not understanding and more like your 12,000 posts? ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have to say it's probably not understanding and more like your 12,000 posts? ;)
Rank has its privileges? Possibly, but I have been censored, as recently as yesterday!:eek:
It might be that 12,000 posts have revealed enough of my personality for the moderators to understand me. There are at least 5 active moderators today. Any one of them might have taken offense. It wouldn't be the first time. :p

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Some people are a part of a religion to be a part of a certain crowd; the problem is they bring their dark undersides with them.
kv
That seems like a good explanation for the fact that reading a book about any particular religion does little or nothing to prepare one for face-to-face participation.
It also explains how I could easily be wrong in post #50.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
That seems like a good explanation for the fact that reading a book about any particular religion does little or nothing to prepare one for face-to-face participation.
It also explains how I could easily be wrong in post #50.
Even sadder part of it; as is from whom of those who wrote about it. Just like our Journalism in america; who to believe on the subject. Many skew the matters in which are not relevant to the observer and quiet the parts that have a dark pattern. All of which are born to obtain power over people.

I call it the will to power; someone I know wrote his thesis on it. After that you simply attach what ever character known in the past; and suddenly the pattern emerges.

kv