A challenge for Audioguru

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
What is going on here? Slander against me? The beginner of this thread about me did not even talk to me. He calls himself CUM... so of course I call him CUM.

I commented on a few of his projects that have their schematics entirely written in a foreign language. Not a single word is in English.

The "Minimus" and most of his other low power amplifiers have their circuits simply copied from the datasheets. Most of his speakers are small with no deep bass.
The Minimus (5.2W per channel into 8 ohms when clipping fairly badly) has slightly more power than my weak little computer speakers so I asked if the author had "rice paper walls". It is similar to the sound system I built for the beach 35 years ago.

Real audio websites are full of sound systems that have much better performance.

I posted my projects and my corrections to defective projects on other websites and did not copy them to here.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
... power amplifiers have their circuits simply copied from the datasheets.
So true, not just for the OP but for most of the posters in this forum.

"I have designed..." == "circuits copied from somewhere"

Design on what aspect? Component color or PCB mounting position?

Why can't they just simply say, "I'm using the circuit from XXX....". It is only fair and important to mention the source, or else one may be stealing others' intellectual property without knowing.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Cum- is the first three letters of his name,not demeaning to any one.The more
this go's on the worst it gets for everyone.People could call him (Cum) as a nick-
name. Cumesoftware his name,what wrong with calling him (Cum) there is a
translation problem here,can't we see this and move on.Its time to close this,
there nothing wrong with nicknames in other countries.( Lite) could be nickname
for Lightfire. (Eb) could be short name people do this to same time and space all
the time.Lets move on before we have a train wreck and a lot of bad feeling.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The name is possibly "cume" which means "summit" in Portuguese. Thus "cume + software" = summit software in English.

I doubt any vulgar meaning was ever intended.

John

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
There are many jokes about different meanings of words in different languages.
Some products have names that are vulgar or are swear words in a foreign country where they are sold. One was soap and another was a car.

If the guy from Portugal doesn't like the definition of his name in English then he should change it to a nice English word.

My wife is from Spain and jokes with her Spanish friends about English words that are vulgar in the Spanish language. Spanish and Portugese are similar.
I wasn't vulgar and I wasn't angry. I was joking.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Lightfire,we want to hear your voice the same as anyone else.
As you can see we all have trouble with words,so keep posting
we enjoy your post. Its always nice to hear from an other country.
Loosewire,

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

I reallly dont know what does CUM means. why did i ask lol. :) never mind...

:childishmode: :D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Lightfire, Start your own post,tell us about you. Its says (post reply)
(start thread) start your first thread about you ,anything..we
want to know more about you, or you can ask us questions.
That the way its works,.....START NOW......................

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
He calls himself CUM... so of course I call him CUM.
Because the word cum was capitalized and it's looks like shouting the word "cum". So I guess "cum" is something that is meaning is stupi---...pssssst.

@loosewire. huh?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@Lightfire , CUM,in capitals makes it a name or name of something.
I think you need to move on now to another subject,do you know
how to post pictures. Go to my album and you will see my picture.
I look like I never grow up. Loosewire

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
There is a lot more to designing a circuit than a schematic or reference design - most are copied, and there's nothing to be ashamed about that. The PCB designs of cumesoftware look unique, original and well designed. Please, don't go away. I don't have the expertise or time to make any of these, but from the views on the threads and the number of times the attachments have been downloaded, I suspect they have helped a lot of people.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
The "Minimus" and most of his other low power amplifiers have their circuits simply copied from the datasheets...
LOL. I didn't knew that the TDA2009 could be used with other circuitry (a feedback network, some decoupling capacitors and an output coupling capacitor is quite basic and no rocket science, but it leaves no space for improvement). I didn't copied all from the datasheet. Indeed, there was a lot of trial and error that came from my experience with Quattuor. The values of the components used were optimised. The datasheet was a guide only.
Taurus was also "copied" from a datasheet, like Minimus, in your own concept of "copy". Is there something new to introduce when using a integrated amplifier? I mean, in the way it is used? Nevertheless, I'm working on an improvement of Taurus, and that is not for you.

P.S.: Perhaps you are the few guys that like to use a TDA3875 or a TDA3886 in inverting mode, saying that it "sounds" better. That's an improvement! NS enginners are dumber than you! (I was being ironic) LOLOLOLOL

The name is possibly "cume" which means "summit" in Portuguese. Thus "cume + software" = summit software in English.
Indeed, but you have to forgive the inculture manifested by audiogorro. He still thinks that "cume" comes from cumshot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@cumesoft

For what it's worth, I never connected anything AG said as reducing the value of your posts. It is easy for me to think, "It's just an opinion", and I find AG to be opinionated, but luckily, I am amused by it. When he's helpful, he's REALLY helpful. When he's ranting, I just smile. I'm afraid my feelings would change if he ridiculed me. I make mistakes regularly and would be a good target. I ask you all to be forgiving of mistakes. We all make mistakes.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Good, CUM came back.
I was saying that I also made low power amplifiers driving little speakers many years ago when I was young.

A few weeks ago I noticed that many car radio TDAxxxx amplifiers are not made anymore. They were bridged and produced about 14W into 4 ohms with a 13.8V supply.

I am not an audiophool because I don't throw money away on expensive audio products that make no improvement. Like the audiophools at Headwize.com I don't add DC loads on the outputs of an excellent OPA2134 dual auidio opamp to make the outputs operate in class-A instead of class-AB to "reduce" its 0.00008% distortion.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Cumesoftware I appreciate your work; although I am not that found of audio systems as I do not have good enough hearing to hear the minute details audiophiles talk about (if they even exist.)

However a question comes to mind. Can you honestly hear 0.00008% distortion? I can only just hear the difference between 128 and 192 kbps MP3. I can only just hear the difference between 14-bit PCM and 16-bit. I can barely tell between a CD on an old Sony player and my computer's cheap Realtek HD Audio 8-ch DAC. I suppose, it is kind of like a fast car. Nobody is going to go 130 mph on the motorway but they make cars that can go that fast because they can.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Hi Tom66.
When I was a teenager I could hear 25kHz ultrasonic burlar detectors loud and clear in museums and concert halls. They didn't bother turning them off in the daytime because "nobody" can hear them.

I am 65 years old and can still hear up to 14kHz very well. I can hear 0.1% distortion and 0.05% makes the sound a little fuzzy and not clear.
Many young people can hear up to 20kHz or higher and hear 0.05% distortion.

Good opamps are made with extremely low noise and distortion. Why use a poor quality one instead?