13.safety box
14.Shop lot automatic door with 7segment display
15. bank queue management system
16. water level controller
17. automatic home system
18. commuter system
19. Automatic room light control
20. Elevator control system

i need some advice,any other title that can be use?
it just a simple project

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
it's my school assignment, i just need to show it in code form(assembly language)
Fair due's... If it's for a project and all of your classmates have chosen the above.. You are a bit late to the table... Alarm systems are quite easy... Automatic battery chargers for Nicad / LiPo is another one.. Elevator control, vending machine... The list is endless...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I would consider doing a project that would build upon my skills for later projects. Something useful might be to learn/write SPI or I2C communication. There are lots of chips that communicate with a master MCU by those protocols. Examples include rotary encoders (AS5048), e-compasses (AK8963C), accelerometers (many), a lightning detector (AS3935), and so forth. Bosch and AMS (among many others) produce such chips.

Eugene Yip

Joined Mar 18, 2018
Fair due's... If it's for a project and all of your classmates have chosen the above.. You are a bit late to the table... Alarm systems are quite easy... Automatic battery chargers for Nicad / LiPo is another one.. Elevator control, vending machine... The list is endless...
i picked the quiz table question, but due to some problem we decide to get a new title.
not last minute of course.

Eugene Yip

Joined Mar 18, 2018
I would consider doing a project that would build upon my skills for later projects. Something useful might be to learn/write SPI or I2C communication. There are lots of chips that communicate with a master MCU by those protocols. Examples include rotary encoders (AS5048), e-compasses (AK8963C), accelerometers (many), a lightning detector (AS3935), and so forth. Bosch and AMS (among many others) produce such chips.
my lecturer limit us to use 8085 microprocessor

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I would consider doing a project that would build upon my skills for later projects. Something useful might be to learn/write SPI or I2C communication.
+1 If you don't already have one, how about a resident monitor/debugger system for future 8085 students? Something that would allow them to download Intel HEX, set breakpoints, single step, inspect registers using a dumb terminal emulator. Or a little multitasking kernel that would run several tasks at once using cooperative scheduling. It's not simple programming but if you pull it off, you'll have some solid skills that port to the next processor.

The 8085 is dated but can still be a good instructional platform.

Just my .02

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
+1 If you don't already have one, how about a resident monitor/debugger system for future 8085 students? Something that would allow them to download Intel HEX, set breakpoints, single step, inspect registers using a dumb terminal emulator. Or a little multitasking kernel that would run several tasks at once using cooperative scheduling. It's not simple programming but if you pull it off, you'll have some solid skills that port to the next processor.

The 8085 is dated but can still be a good instructional platform.

Just my .02
We had 8085 racks in college and they were awful. Capable of nothing. The keyboards very akward to operate, as well they had very loud buzzers inside. When you overflowed the editor field or pressed a non expected key it would always buzz at 800Hz. Guaranteed 20 or 30 times during a two hours session. This was 20 years ago and it was quite dated stuff back then already.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
We had 8085 racks in college and they were awful. Capable of nothing. The keyboards very akward to operate, as well they had very loud buzzers inside. When you overflowed the editor field or pressed a non expected key it would always buzz at 800Hz. Guaranteed 20 or 30 times during a two hours session. This was 20 years ago and it was quite dated stuff back then already.
And what is your point? How is that related to the TS's 8085 project?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
And what is your point? How is that related to the TS's 8085 project?
Just wondering these are still around.
This is to mention I have seen these used in education.

Hows the 8085 board or rack they use, I havent seen any picture yet or description.

This is related as to find out more details what they are using, so a suitable project can be found.

Is it a board? A rack? A software emulator? Does it have mechanical parts, lamps, and plugable modules?
Is it all just on paper?