74 Series Directory

John Bradley

Joined Sep 14, 2019
Is there a site which list which 74 series items are currently in production, where I can just search for 74XX and get a list of the technologies and suppliers currently around. It is a nightmare negotiating the combinations of manufacturer prefix and technology.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Is there a site which list which 74 series items are currently in production, where I can just search for 74XX and get a list of the technologies and suppliers currently around.
Why do you want that information? If you use a "current" 74* technology, parts will be readily available.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Have a look at the pages 141-158 of the pocket data book (pages 146-163 in the PDF).
There you will find tables with the famelies that are used for the parts.

Bertus

John Bradley

Joined Sep 14, 2019
Why do you want that information? If you use a "current" 74* technology, parts will be readily available.
As far as I can tell that is not true most of the libaries are not complete and anyway I have to yseTTL for this most of the cirecuit is AHCT but I cannot find a 74ahct21 on mouser or anywhere else. It is Available in F but that a lot of speed I dont need with a big power consuption. 120 mA compared with

These are he deviucesI;ve had to use alternative to

CD74HCT393E
CD74HCT367E
SN74ACT11N
SN74ALS166AN
SN74ALS21AN
SN74ALS30AN

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I can tell ya John that looking for old possibly obsolete parts is frustrating. And sometimes when I find them I don't want to pay an exorbitant collector's prices for them. Then begins another frustrating search for an equivalent replacement part. Sometimes I throw my hands up and just go with the modern part that replaced it. I do NOT rebuild antique electronics which is what a lot of guys like to do.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
The trouble is that different manufacturers have different families available. For exmaple have a look here at Logic guide an Little logic guide. http://www.ti.com/logic-circuit/support-training.html you can also have a look at NXP, Nexperia, Onsemi, Diodes, and maybe some other manufacturers. Then you can try and choose what is the most popular and has lots of available components, for example by choosing the family on digikey or mouser.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Does it have to be 74xx series logic gates? There are manufacturers of single gate IC's that are TTL compatible. There's also the option of programmable logic such as CPLD's.

John Bradley

Joined Sep 14, 2019
It has to be somthing that will be around in 20 years in some form, 74 has that possibility. The idea is that the machine will be easy for people to understand at a fairly basic level so they can get a gip of what a computer actually is. 74 is the obvious candidate as the orginal was based on that, it has the legs and it so well document.