5 posts/Hr restriction?

theodoravain

Joined Mar 21, 2018
I've earned a 10 post on-topic message count. Although I'm now able to edit or delete posts older than 10 Min, I remain restricted to 5 new posts/hour. How or when is that lifted? I have no plans to spam the fora with posts but the restriction could seriously limit my usefulness on the EHT project.

Thanks!

theodoravain

Joined Mar 21, 2018
Well the restriction must be lifted now! I just tried a few test posts (on EHT) without problems! I had some trouble deleting them at first though "you do not have permission to preform this action":confused:

theodoravain

Joined Mar 21, 2018
Apparently you were creating posts in order to increase your post count.
Well I earned the "ten count" legitimately with on-topic help and suggestions. It's no secret that unlike Aleph0 and HP and I think many users here, I'm not trained and credentialed as a physical scientist nor claim that level and breadth of expertise. But physics, electronics and math are hobbies that I take very seriously! I want everyone to know that despite my obviously ulterior motives in raising my count (to gain edit access to my ribald remarks) I was honestly trying to offer assistance in good faith to the best of my ability!

The reason that did not work may be that posts in "Off Topic" do not affect post count for the purpose of "outgrowing" restrictions.
I made the duplicate test posts to EHT later to see if my posts per hour limit was still in effect. I'm sorry if that triggered a spam alert.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
It's no secret that unlike Aleph0 and HP and I think many users here, I'm not trained and credentialed as a physical scientist nor claim that level and breadth of expertise.
...and the fact that you are more knowledgeable, creative and skilled in said areas than 98% of the lay public --and-- I daresay, at least 75% of bona fide 'physical scientists' speaks volumes! -- Hey Theo? 'Un-edgy' and 'un-cool' though it may be - You're smart! - live with it!:cool:

Young people! Arrrrg!o_O

With utmost sincerity
HP:)