48V Lead acid battery charger circuit

nhh

Joined Oct 4, 2007
Design for 48V, 3A Lead acid battery charger.

When battery voltage lower 49.4VDC, source power's supplied for battery, if battery voltage higher 55.8VDC, source power isn't used.

Pls help me! Have any problem with this circuit?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
They actually read "HEADER 2" and "HEADER 2". They are a type of connector.

This thread had no replies in over two years; the original poster has not been back since then.

The schematic is a very bad design. It would not work well, if at all.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I am sorry, I do not have a circuit to charge such a battery.

All of the lead-acid batteries that I have worked with were either 6v, 12v, or 24v.

Is your 48V battery a single battery, or is it made up of a number of smaller cells?

What is your battery's AH rating, and what type of battery (or batteries) are they?

Lead-acid and sealed lead-acid may need different charging methods.
AGM uses another charging method.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I don't really have ANY charger schematics already drawn up. It would take some time to do so, and I am about ready for bed.

There is a 12v battery charger schematic that is in the Projects Collection forum.

You could probably adapt that design for use at 24v.

You could also use a couple of 12v battery chargers connected in series to charge a 24v battery.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I see. That does work, correct?

Using four commercial off-the-shelf units would probably be less expensive than designing and building one.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
No, I did not.

I do not know where you live, but if I had to guess, I would say India. It would help if you put at least your Country in your profile.

I do not know what kind of power you have available. If you have about 60V DC available, that would be very good.
If you do not have 60V DC available, I will need to know what other kinds of power you have available, as in what voltage in DC or AC RMS, current, and frequency in Hz.

I only know that you want to charge a 48v battery. I am guessing that it is a lead-acid battery.

What is the battery construction?
Deep-cycle lead-acid?
Standard lead-acid?
AGM lead-acid?
Other construction type?

What is the battery AH rating?

How quickly must you charge it? It is best for battery life if it is charged fairly slowly, but AGM batteries can be charged much more quickly than standard lead-acid batteries.

Last edited:
I staying in India. i have about 48V DC....
I have power 1500 Watts.
Voltage in DC ,
Current 32A, frequency not sure.

I only using a 48v battery. it is a lead-acid battery.

It is the battery construction Deep-cycle lead-acid

It is the battery 26AH rating..

Its charging normally to the lead-acid batteries

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I staying in India. i have about 48V DC....
I have power 1500 Watts.
Voltage in DC ,
Current 32A, frequency not sure.
OK, so you have a generator or solar cell or something like that, which supplies you with 48V DC at up to 32 Amperes? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Or are you trying to tell me that you only have 48V batteries?

I only using a 48v battery. it is a lead-acid battery.
This is where I'm getting confused.

It is the battery construction Deep-cycle lead-acid

It is the battery 26AH rating..

Its charging normally to the lead-acid batteries
Are you trying to charge one lead-acid battery from another lead-acid battery? Or do you have a generator or solar panel or wires coming in from a power company somewhere?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
OK. So, you have a Fuel Cell that generates 48V DC and can output up to 32A, or about 1500 Watts.

From this fuel cell, you need to re-charge a single 48 volt lead-acid battery that has a 26 Ampere-hour capacity.

Is that correct?

Or do you have multiple 48V lead-acid batteries that you need to charge?

Do you know what the maximum safe charging rate is for these batteries? The manufacturer would be able to tell you this information.