4 wires audio cable: green blue red and copper ? how to solder to audio jack?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by noob_learning, May 27, 2017.

1. noob_learning

Thread Starter New Member

May 27, 2017
    0 down vote favorite

I am trying to fix my broken headphones. It has 4 wires: blue , green , blue, and gold (copper).

My audio jack is a normal model, I know I must connect the copper to the ground connector, the red to the right connector, and green would be left ( or is it blue ? ) Would like some information about how I can do this. Also should I burn the little white "hair" which is coming out of each wire ? You can see them on the photo. Thanks. audio jack.jpg

2. Joseph Beasley 1

Feb 16, 2017
    each wire is the + and - of each speaker. you'll have to figure out which is which and solder the left + and the right + to their points on your replacment TRRS cable. the - wires can be bridged as ground on a 3 wire cord. however, this fibre wire that is used in many headphones is almost impossible to splice and solder. you really need to replace the entire cord or buy new headphones

3. Joseph Beasley 1

Feb 16, 2017
    this is fery fine wire impregnated with cotton string. getting solder to stick and conduct is difficult