4 Wire Strain gauge in Wheatstone Configurations

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
The LC wires White and Green crossed over will also give the correct polarity, put the Red and Black as they were, Red +ext Black -ext

Why are you weighing in lbs and not Kg.
Which MCU are you using.?
E

abc14

Joined Oct 15, 2017
hi,
The LC wires White and Green crossed over will also give the correct polarity, put the Red and Black as they were, Red +ext Black -ext

Why are you weighing in lbs and not Kg.
Which MCU are you using.?
E
I am using Atmega328p, running as Arduino. I only have 3.3V version. Will get a 5V version tomorrow.

abc14

Joined Oct 15, 2017
hi,
OK, Is a UNO or Nano.?
I have some HX711's on the bench, if you get stuck post your Arduino code as an attachment.
E
Its a UNO.

right now I am using following sample code from spark fun.

I need to change the calibration factor in the library. Because according to spark fun

/*
Example using the SparkFun HX711 breakout board with a scale
By: Nathan Seidle
SparkFun Electronics
Date: November 19th, 2014
License: This code is public domain but you buy me a beer if you use this and we meet someday (Beerware license).

This example demonstrates basic scale output. See the calibration sketch to get the calibration_factor for your
specific load cell setup.

This example code uses bogde's excellent library: https://github.com/bogde/HX711
bogde's library is released under a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

The HX711 does one thing well: read load cells. The breakout board is compatible with any wheat-stone bridge
based load cell which should allow a user to measure everything from a few grams to tens of tons.
Arduino pin 2 -> HX711 CLK
3 -> DAT
5V -> VCC
GND -> GND

The HX711 board can be powered from 2.7V to 5V so the Arduino 5V power should be fine.

*/

#include "HX711.h"

float calibration_factor = -7050; //-7050 worked for my 440lb max scale setup

#define DOUT 3
#define CLK 2

HX711 scale(DOUT, CLK);

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("HX711 scale demo");

scale.set_scale(calibration_factor); //This value is obtained by using the SparkFun_HX711_Calibration sketch
scale.tare(); //Assuming there is no weight on the scale at start up, reset the scale to 0

Serial.println("Readings:");
}

void loop() {
Serial.print("Reading: ");
Serial.print(scale.get_units(), 1); //scale.get_units() returns a float
Serial.print(" lbs"); //You can change this to kg but you'll need to refactor the calibration_factor
Serial.println();
}

https://github.com/bogde/HX711