4:1 MUX and 3:8 Decoders from Logic Function

Jsfw7698

Joined Jun 4, 2021
So I have the next Logic Function:
F(A, B, C, D) =∑(1,2,4,7,8,10,13,14,15)

And I need to implement a 4:1 MUX with some Logic Gates. And a 3:8 Decoders with some Logic Gates too.

Can somebody please tell me what to do? Images are appreciated, I'm a visual learner.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

And I need to implement a 4:1 MUX with some Logic Gates. And a 3:8 Decoders with some Logic Gates too.

Can somebody please tell me what to do? Images are appreciated, I'm a visual learner.
I understand what a 4:1 mux and a 3:8 decoder are, but what do they have to do with this mess:

Is that a shorthand way of writing the truth table for a Boolean function, by showing all the combinations of A, B, C, D for which the function is a '1'?
Why are 1, 8, 14 in bold?

Why are you posting this question in Software & IDEs?

Jsfw7698

Joined Jun 4, 2021
I understand what a 4:1 mux and a 3:8 decoder are, but what do they have to do with this mess:

Is that a shorthand way of writing the truth table for a Boolean function, by showing all the combinations of A, B, C, D for which the function is a '1'?
Why are 1, 8, 14 in bold?

Why are you posting this question in Software & IDEs?
That's exactly what I don't understand, my professor write the Logic Function like that, I suppose that indeed is a shorthand for the truth table.

I posted the question in that category because I didn't know what category was more suitable, and because we do a lot of stuff in Multisim in this Asignature I thought that Software was adequate.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
That's exactly what I don't understand, my professor write the Logic Function like that, I suppose that indeed is a shorthand for the truth table.

I posted the question in that category because I didn't know what category was more suitable, and because we do a lot of stuff in Multisim in this Asignature I thought that Software was adequate.
So if this is homework it should go in Homework Help. The policy on homework help is that you need to some some effort in solving the problem. Visual representations hand drawn and scanned are fine. Personally, I like to write out a complete truth table. From that I can draw the logic symbols that implement such a truth table. Suppose I want to build an Exclusive OR function. See if you can folklow the picture:

Attachments

Jsfw7698

Joined Jun 4, 2021
So if this is homework it should go in Homework Help. The policy on homework help is that you need to some some effort in solving the problem. Visual representations hand drawn and scanned are fine. Personally, I like to write out a complete truth table. From that I can draw the logic symbols that implement such a truth table. Suppose I want to build an Exclusive OR function. See if you can folklow the picture:
Yes, that helps a lot, thank you.