3Phase hub motor control

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been working on this project for some time, but had a problem this morning. I found out that the motor that I had to use was a 3 phase motor and I never worked with 3 phase motors before.
This is the motor that I want to use: LINK

I had already worked on a DC motor controller using a PIC16 micro controller. I attached a picture of the circuit. It is made for 2 motors to work together to drive a robot. It also has forward and reverse capabilities.
Is it possible to adjust this circuit to make it possible for a 3 phase motor?

Regards

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The link shows a BLDC motor which although the motors are practically identical, 3 phase is a little more involved.
I suggest you look at Microchip Development board MC LV the site details of the board include schematics and software listing.
Max.

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
I found the DRV8312/32
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/405/drv8332-483172.pdf

It suits my application more from the voltage and current point of view.

Just one thing I can't really get yet is the concept of the PWM control.
Do I need 6 PWM? (For 3 for PWM_x and 3 for RESET_x) Or can I set the RESET_x as the inverse of PWM_x using inverting op-amps or equivalent.
If not what is the relationship between the two?

Also what is the relationship between PWM_A, PWM_B and PWM_C?

Thank you in advance

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You need a 3 phase bridge although a BLDC motor is not strictly 3ph as only two windings are energized at any given time.
If you Google BLDC PWM bridge you should see many examples.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have used the MC33035 some time ago, it worked for me, at that time Motorola was sending out a sample PCCT development board to build on, so it made it relatively easy.
Max.

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
so I add 3x2110? One for each high side mosfet?

also, can I use the hall sensor for driving the rpm if I connect it to the uC?

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
alright then, here I have two choices, either connect the fout of mc33039 to uC and the PWM from uC to PWM pin on mc33035.
Or connect the PWM to EA of mc33035(using a buck converter) and fout of mc33039 to PWM of mc 33035.

do you think it would work and which one do you think is better?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If just using a μp I would think the easiest is to use it for PWM together with IR2110.
I gave up the MC33035 in favour of Picmicro as the programs in the link in post #6 but they are in Assembly.
Max.