110V 3phase AC motor to connect

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
Hello,

I am connecting 110V 3phase AC motor (4kW with 8.2A rated currency) with inverter (2.2KW 110V single input, 110V 3phase output) as follows.
https://www.amazon.com/Spindle-Inverter-Professional-Variable-Frequency/dp/B075CNHK5K
It doesn't work at all, and I am wondering if the power is not enough to operate the AC motor.
Do you have any suggestion on the inverter which can operate this AC motor (110V 3phase 4kW, 8.2A rated currency) with 110V single or 220V single input?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
110v AC 3phase motor?
That is a rarity!
Normally they have a voltage doubling circuit for running a 220v 3ph motor off of 120v 1ph.
When you say it does not work at all, what is the display say when you attempt to run it?
Are the parameters set up OK.? Local or remote input?
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you have happened to overload it, it should message right away.
Also it won't go into overload until you start to rotate the motor.
Max.

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
If you have happened to overload it, it should message right away.
Also it won't go into overload until you start to rotate the motor.
Max.
Hello Max,

It is rare of 110V 3phase ac motor and this is why we are struggling to find the adequate one for this motor...
It sounds some operating before 100Hz(max 400Hz) but not working and failed and displayed as "shortage on circuit."

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
How many poles to the motor? IOW what is the rated rpm?
If a standard induction motor, if a 2 pole it is not 400Hz capable (20,000rpm on 50Hz).
That sounds like an overload condition, what model of Huanyang VFD is it?
Max.

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
How many poles to the motor? IOW what is the rated rpm?
If a standard induction motor, if a 2 pole it is not 400Hz capable (20,000rpm on 50Hz).
That sounds like an overload condition, what model of Huanyang VFD is it?
Max.
Thank you Max,
Here is the model for our VFD, YL620-2.2KW-110V-A and this is the spec for our AC motor, 2pole 110V 8.2A 60Hz, 2890rpm.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have any manuals for the 120v versions.
Have you entered the parameters for the motor?
Also you most likely won't be able to run much more than the rated for a standard motor, maybe 70Hz tops.
What do you mean it does not operate at all?
Are you controlling it from external means or the panel?
Max.

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
I don't have any manuals for the 120v versions.
Have you entered the parameters for the motor?
Also you most likely won't be able to run much more than the rated for a standard motor, maybe 70Hz tops.
What do you mean it does not operate at all?
Are you controlling it from external means or the panel?
Max.
We are controlling on board (inverter), and motor doesn't rorate at all. Could you let me know which parameter for the motor I should enter in the inverter?

Thank you,

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
In most cases the initial factory setting will run it a slow rpm.
Ensure the default are set for operator panel, usually PD000 PD001 PD002 are set to zero.
Max.

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Fairly close, the default parameters should operate in a limited fashion, out of the box.
If you operate it a very low RPM with the motor disconnected, what does it show?
Max.

GunWoo Kim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
Fairly close, the default parameters should operate in a limited fashion, out of the box.
If you operate it a very low RPM with the motor disconnected, what does it show?
Max.
We resolved the issue somehow, and I think this 110V 3phase motor is awful. It was Delta connected and we changed to Y and connected to 220V 3phase then it works.
Thank you,