3Phase hub motor control

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
I think it is easier to use the mc33035 for my application because I have so many things happening at the same time. Bluetooth, sensors( accelerometers, speed sensors, temperature sensors) and a dmx512 system. all affecting 2 pwm and constantly changing it. Having to load it with the hall sensors and running two motors at the same time. If I can have this load off the microcontroller it would be best

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The circuit looks OK, I have never used this configuration with it and only used the analogue input, I am not sure of the implications of using external PWM in? but it could possibly work.
Max.

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
just for future reference, let's say I find a BDLC driver that I like but the output is not as strong to drive the motor. Can I connect it directly to IR2110 High-Input and Low-Input?

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
I talked with ON semiconductors, and they said that the PWM from the micro controller won't work with the MC33035 because it is a DC control. So the PWM might not work properly

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
I will use a digital potentiometer and connect it to EA and fout to the PWM pin on the MC33035. That way I can vary the speed by changing the resistance/voltage on the EA pin. I guess I won't need a PWM after all

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
Yes I did. I have it almost memorized by now. The problem is the variable resistor. For fun project I can use a potentiometer. but in my case it needs to have a closed and sealed casing. I can't open the box every time I need to change the speed.
Now I included a AD5115 to my circuit, it will take commands from the uC and I can control it via changing the resistor value and the voltage on pin 11 of MC33035.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Your motor is for a Ebike, is this what your using it for? Don't you need a throttle control for speed control? Why not just use one of the many controllers the motor company sells? They have three pages of them. As far as not opening the enclosure to change speed, it is done with a pot, and they make male and female plugs to do this, sealed and unsealed. It's no different than making the power connection or any other connection to the unit.

http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductsList.asp?id=115

pjreijiri

Joined Aug 19, 2015
I'm using the motor to build a small robot. With four wheels. Two of them are drive wheels. Also it hasa lot of sensors and Bluetooth connection and need to process lot of data while it is running, also I need to have the motors take commands from the microcontroller. It will set the speed, acceleration, direction and braking based on the data from the different sensors.. So instead of having two motor controls and a PCB that does what I need, I decided to build my own controller and PCB