3KVA 3PHASE Transformer

SHAMHOS

Joined Jan 18, 2015
am about commencing my school project which is about 3 kva 3 phase step up transformer, can the able members of this forum help in guiding me please?

am defending this project as well providing its circuit diagram as well priniciples of operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
What exactly do you want to know or need some help with? For example you mention 3 KVA but you don't mention the Line Voltage (Primary Voltage), Load Voltage (Secondary Voltage) or the current. For a 3 phase transformer you would have Volts * Amps * 1.732 / 1,000 = KVA. The 1.732 is a constant and is the square root of 3 since you have 3 phase power.

Ron

SHAMHOS

Joined Jan 18, 2015
sorry for late replies, its a 3phase step up, 240v accross all input lines, but wish to have different rating voltages across the output terminals. we are always having challenges with the course lecturer thats why am not too fluent at it, but i wish this forum can help me become a better machine power student.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
A three-phase transformer sounds a bit over ambitious and dangerous for a "school project", but who am I to judge. On top of that, opposed challenges with the course lecturer who's going to send their students away to play with three-phase alternating current who have little insight into what they're actually doing does not sound good.