3D scanner and designing glasses

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Hi everybody,
I have a Sense 3D scanner device that is able to scan human's head with admissible quality, and I'm looking for a platform capable to design/modify 3D model of glasses along with this 3D scanner to reach the best-fit and proper model for clients.and then,print the suitable one with a 3D printer.
I'd better to say,I want to check the suitability of glasses to client's scanned face in a 3D software/platform and adjust it before printing with a 3D printer.
so, is there any platform specificly designed for this purpose?

Attachments

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
I dont think there will be anything specific. You will probably have to import the scans into a CAD program and manipulate them in that.
Something like Blender, might give you more of an interactive feel for manipulating the glasses, as the CAD programs normally thirst for exact measurements and coordinates when adjusting components.

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
I dont think there will be anything specific. You will probably have to import the scans into a CAD program and manipulate them in that.
Something like Blender, might give you more of an interactive feel for manipulating the glasses, as the CAD programs normally thirst for exact measurements and coordinates when adjusting components.
Since it's a couple of years I'm running everything on open source programs, I tried freecad,meshlab and blender on my linux for the first try,but couldn't even reach the glasses model to the scanned head model yet.in addition that they can't keep the texture of scanned model in any way (as you can see in the picture for blender):confused:
the open source programs obviously looks not user friendly for my maneuver ...as they are free .
is there any suggestion except the above ones for open source?

Attachments