3-pin with two cables, directly to power supply?

ilsapoel

Joined Apr 23, 2019
Hello guys I am doing this project were cooling is needed and therefore picked an all-in-one cpu cooler to do the job called Liquid Freezer 240. I am at the point where I need to power it from a 12V power supply. To power the hole thing, I need to give power to two cables, one for the pump (3-female) and one for all four fans that cool the radiator (4-pin female). To do this I got a 3-pin male, and I plan on connecting 2 of the 3 pins directly on the power supply (see attachment photos). Will this work or will I just damage my all-in-one cooler?
Also I have some trouble getting the pins on a piece of cable and then in the 3-pin male thing, but that is not my main concern.
Thank you in advance, any recommendation is welcome :)58968041_417971965655087_3648805628278734848_n (1).jpg

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
To start Identify the pins. Pos Neg Gnd. I would connect the ground. The device pulls .25A max so figure that into your power load to make sure it is available from the power supply.

ilsapoel

Joined Apr 23, 2019
To start Identify the pins. Pos Neg Gnd. I would connect the ground. The device pulls .25A max so figure that into your power load to make sure it is available from the power supply.
Thanks for the reply,
my power supply is definetly able to supply that. What will be the difference if I use Neg and Pos instead of Gnd and Pos?
Kind regards.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Chassis Gnd and Neg may not be the same or could be. Without knowing use both is my philosophy. The manufacturer put it there for a reason.