3-Phase for direct electric conversion as convective heat, using 2 x 3.6 Volts cells out of 3??

Egzoset

Joined Sep 28, 2014
Salutations,

This is a 1st attempt so please have mercy...

Here's my interrogation. Considering the clear voltage advantage of Li-ion cells over the traditional AA format, making an abstraction of size:

Lets imagine one can depend on a set of 3 cells, of which a constantly re-arranged sub-set of 2 momentarily adds up (in series) so these reach sufficient total voltage to conveniently inject electro-magnetic power into some Curie-alloy "susceptor" (induction heater), with the 3rd cell in iddle state...

The magnetic assembly would include 9-poles (3 x 3 coils), each associated to its individual pole ("A", "B" or "C") via a flux-concentrating stator similar to traditional stepping-motor hardware, for example:

So it's OKay to power 3 "A", or 3 "B" or 3 "C" coil sets using 2 batteries to power 1 pole per phase, euh...

;)

Ah, and the central aspect of my question is this: it would have to rely on 6 low-cost power transistors to swap/re-route 2-cell series-circuits around!

My intended load is slightly more than half a gram of SS304, as i recall, and this ain't meant to be heated above its Curie point.

Hopefully, using a 10th feed-back "pick-up" coil located on one of the sides it should be possible to feed a quadrature demodulator, since the master clock reference is readily available locally/directly. M'well, i figure quite a lot can be done in software these days, using "synthetic radio" programs, etc. You tell me!

In other words, there are two 3.6 Volts batteries at hand, the other is iddle (...), which amounts to ~ 6 Volts garanteed during normal operation i think.

That load must reach its Curie temperature in less than 10 seconds; i'm confident that can be done simply, efficiently and simply - but this requires a core (to close/contain the magnetic circuit) and most especially for such portable application, i believe. I suppose flux-concentrating paste as "Fluxtrol", whatever, would meet that requirement while it's no bid deal to toy with: just shape 'n cure. Then the paste changes into a ceramic support ready to host wire coils, etc.

Euh...

Reactions? Please feel free to pass by!... :p

Good day, have fun!! :D