3 in 1 out switch

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Hi

What switch do i need for this function please? I ordered some 3dpt (on-on-on) switches but can't find a way to make them work so I expect I misunderstood what I needed to buy.

Thanks

line select.jpg

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Hi

I want a switch to select between three inputs, line, mic and piezo with a single output going to a biasing op amp stage.

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Thanks.

I did look at this originally but couldn't find one that wasn't expensive. But now I think about it I remember there being some rotary switches that have a selector tab to choose how many positions the switch is. It's been quite a while but think this is the one I've used before. rotary switch

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
What switch type do you want?

Rotary

Slide

Ganged push buttons

Electronic analog switch IC

Also, how many outputs? 1 (mono), 2 (stereo), more?

ak

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Hi AK

Ideally it would be a toggle switch for smaller footprint.

1 mono output.

Thanks Eric, I'll order those if a toggle isn't an option. I spent ages being confused by that datasheet before you replied! :)

oramics

Joined Nov 3, 2020
Thanks. I realised I have 3 of them Lorlin switches in one of my projects, so testing it it does what I need. Toooo many projects to remember whats where! Thanks. rotary switch.jpgrotary switch.jpg

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I was just about to post that what you need is a single-pole, triple-throw toggle switch. You can find pictures and even eBay listings for them, but nothing that is real. Rotary is probably the only way.