2way Lighting circuits AC bleed through. HELP!

frannape

Joined Feb 11, 2016
Hi Guys!

New to the forum but i need some help.
I have a 2 way switching on a new Automation dimmer module.
The switch just supply the dimmer module with a pulse of 230V and this switches the dimmer load on.
In other words the cables switch wires are control voltage and can run on 1V to 230V to switch on the dimmer.

The electrical contractor has pulled all his other cables with my control cables in one conduit and i suspect there is some inductive currents being generated with all the cables in the conduits. With my switch wires disconnected i still pick up 20V over the open switch wire and 230V when closed.
I need the open circuit to show 0V Because my light dimmer now stays on... if i remove the strapper wire and the second switch, it works 100%.
I will provide a photo as well... The switch is not faulty.. its the 3rd site i have picked it up on.

My question is... can i block that 40V maybe with a ferrite core coil in series or what can I do?
Thanks in advanced!

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
DO you have the spec of dimmer module?
Disconnect the green wires from dimmer module, keep the s1 open(off), and measure the voltage for two green wires which you labeled 40V and another one that it just connected to L line before you disconnected it.

And testing for two conditions, the one S2 is on and another one S2 is Off.

frannape

Joined Feb 11, 2016
DO you have the spec of dimmer module?
Disconnect the green wires from dimmer module, keep the s1 open(off), and measure the voltage for two green wires which you labeled 40V and another one that it just connected to L line before you disconnected it.

And testing for two conditions, the one S2 is on and another one S2 is Off.

Keeping S2 open i measure 20V removed from dimmer.
closing S2 i measure 240V

The 2 readings of 0V and 40V is done when green wires are disconnected. So it is definitely getting it from the long run cables.