230 volts to 110 volts

Rambhajan

Joined Apr 1, 2021
Hi friends I have purchased a Denon AV receiver which runs on 110 volts AC, how can I use it on 230 volts AC in India?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Go to the airport and buy an adapter. They are fairly common amongst international travelers. You may be able to find one quickly online.

Hell, on paper most modern appliances will run on DC, provided the rectifier isn't too wimpy to handle it.

...Not saying you should try it without doing some reverse-engineering first of course. Point being frequency is mostly a moot point unless line frequency magnetic devices are involved. Motors, transformers, etc.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hell, on paper most modern appliances will run on DC, provided the rectifier isn't too wimpy to handle it.

...Not saying you should try it without doing some reverse-engineering first of course. Point being frequency is mostly a moot point unless a motor or dry-type power transformer is involved.
Or unless the receiver uses the power line frequency as a reference. It could happen.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Hi friends I have purchased a Denon AV receiver which runs on 110 volts AC, how can I use it on 230 volts AC in India?
Which Denon receiver? If it is AV, then it is probably of recent design - it may actually run just fine on 230 V/50 Hz or may need some changes in strapping.
Check the rating plate - if it says something like 100 - 250 volts, 50/60 Hz, then the only thing you might need to do is change the line cord.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Do you have power tool transformers for running electrical power tools on building sites etc. (You probably do as Indian electrical regulations are similar to British)
https://ebay.us/i6pFoX

I have a Kitchen-Aid mixer, and it was cheaper to buy in from USA, pay the shipping, pay the import duty, and buy a power-tool transformer to run it, than to pay for a 230V version from the British supplier.