2 12v reversible motorswith speed control and timed off

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
Touché' - it is a hotrod, so all the stereo buttons are hidden so the dash looks simple. So the diagram is what I think you have suggested. Is this correct? Also how does a push button control both ways of the motor? And have I got the time drawn in correctly - I really appreciate your help I am a total novice as you have no doubt picked up

Attachments

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
Hi dodgydave
So I finally understand it all one question, if I put the 555 timer on the power supply for the motor board, how do I trigger the power and the push button for the relay direction can I have one switch triggering the timer and the relay, if the relay has no power does it stay in the state it was in, say that is then the dash open, I hit the button to close the dash, the button then triggers the timer for the set time and would it trip the relay into changing direction at the same time therefore closing the dash?

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
Dodgydave,
I have it working the switch powers the direction and the timer, however I have one concern, please see the diagram, I have the timer trigger wired to NO on the timer board but that does keep the power on on the motor board, is that okay or will it burn things out.

Attachments

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
Your timer should time out after its set period, then stop, it will need to be re_triggered when you change direction,.
Thats exactly what it does and hust what i need, mynonly concern and what i am checking with you is i have wired the timer trigger to the NO, is that ok as it keeps the power on the at the motor board?