2 12v reversible motorswith speed control and timed off

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
Hi I need some help to build a circuit. I have two 12v reversible motors that I need move at different speeds when opening or closing two doors on my car dash. So I have two ccm2u6 boards that do that speed control and reverse the movement, they both have dpdt switches. However I want to use a 1 momentary switch that would trigger both motors either way, opening or closing the dash doors. I also need to have timers on them so the power turns off as they finish closing or opening after being triggered by the momentary switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The board details is attached

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
A 555 monostable timer with pushbutton and Dpdt relay output would do for the on time, to stop it at the exact close or open position would need limit switches or current sense.

Do you have close up pictures of the components side?

Last edited:

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
I tried 1 momentary switch into 2 555 monostable switches into 4 relays into the control boards but it didn't work. Clearly it was wired wrong. Is the side you wanting to see? Thanks

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
So does the reverse switch connect the blacks together or red and black,

draw the board connections out as it should be wired showing supply and direction switch.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like the Reds connect to the blacks for direction change, so you need a Dpdt relay with the commons to the reds, and the blacks to the Nc and No terminals, and your push switch fires the relay coil., simple really....

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
So I am wanting to use a toggle momentary switch. Could ask a favour, I really don't understand wiring would be able to draw up a wiring diagram, did you see the diagram I up loaded? Thank you very much for your help

Bluemonkey

Joined Feb 6, 2016
I am sorry I know I am a bit slow on it but with your diagram how do a push button switch the motor to go different ways. Do I need to use a toogle switch with on-off-on so that reverses the system. I can't see how that works on the diagram with a push button. What I want to do is flick momentary switch up the timer keeps the power on for 8 seconds and turns off in that time it has rotated the motor one way then i flick the momentary switch down the same for 8 seconds and turns off and it rotated the motor the other way. I have two of these circuits. Each one going through indicdual motor board so the motors can be reversed and move at different speeds